What you will learn
Have you wanted to have a simple website or blog? This is the course for you.
WordPress allows you to easily set up and maintain a web presence, hosted on their own servers. By the end of the course you will have a website of your own on wordpress.com and will be able to edit, maintain and publicise your site – you will have your own corner of the web!
- Logging in to WordPress.com
- Finding your way round the WordPress screen
- Choosing a Theme to change the way your site looks
- Customising your Theme
- Basic settings – eg Privacy and Site Title options
- Creating your first Blog Post
- Writing and Editing Blog Posts
- Categories for Blog Posts
- Tags for Blog Posts
- Adding YouTube video to Blog Posts
- Creating Pages (eg About, Contact, etc…)
- Setting WordPress to act as a website, not a Blog
- Editing Pages
- Re-ordering Pages on the Menu
- Creating Sub-Pages
- Comments and Comment Moderation
- Adding New Users to work on your Site
- Site Maintenance
- Deleting your Site
Group Learning Events
If you have three or more learners, a private group course could be cheaper.
We can tailor the content to your team, and host the training at your workplace or here at Happy's HQ in Aldgate, Central London.
What is it like to learn with Happy?
Our facilitators make learning interactive and fun. In this video, Maureen delivers a session on Formulas and Functions in Excel at Happy's HQ in London.
Sajid Ali4 days ago
The Small Print
The course will run from 10am to 4:45pm (lunch is served 1pm to 1:45pm — we offer a choice of 3 cold bowl dishes). Please be careful to arrive by 9:45am for registration and refreshments. The course will start precisely on time and it may not be possible to go back over material missed by late arrivals. If you arrive over 30 minutes late you may be asked to leave and attend another day.
Please ensure you read our Terms and Conditions before booking for our payment terms and cancellation policy.
The happy Guarantee
We want everyone to go away from our courses feeling as though they have learnt useful, practical skills that they can use straight away when they go back to work.
If you don’t feel that your training has been useful or if you are unhappy in any way, please get in touch with our Customer Services team within 30 days of the course. We will be happy to offer you additional support and training free of charge to help you to gain the skills you need, or if you’d prefer, a full refund.
Your post-course support package
- 2 years of free access to our IT Helpline
- Unlimited access - call or email our team as often as you need
- Ask about any content covered on your course
- Included in the price of our training sessions
Did you know...
...we have another WordPress course that's designed for anyone who has to maintain a website built using this kind of content management system?
Our one-day intensive course teaches you how to add and edit content such as text, images and video, as well as change the way the site looks and how it operates. It's also suitable for anyone who would like to create a website for their own business that wants to have their own Domain Name.
Working with a Self-Hosted WordPress Website to give you confidence in building and maintaining a WordPress-based website. Find out more