Excel Without Maths
Do you find Excel daunting and worry about mathematical formulas that it often involves? This is the course for you!
In this one-day course, you will explore several cool Excel features that will help make Excel better and more efficient for you — without having to use formulas!
Note: Some features are not available in 2010 and 2013 versions.
Public Sector Price£250*
- *Excluding VAT
Class size8 approx.
This course is for people who are already able to set up a spreadsheet themselves. They should be able to select, insert, delete cell content, enter text as well as save and retrieve documents. If you’re not confident doing these then, have a look at our Excel Core Level 1 course.
What you will learn
You will explore features in Excel that don't involve any maths yet help you produce reports in a more visually appealing way, such as:
- How to save time analysing your data with Charts, Pivot Tables and Subtotals, and feel in control
- Ways to tidy up spreadsheets using Data Validation
- Loads of exciting tips that will help you become more productive at work
And yes! All without any dreaded maths.
With increased confidence in using these Excel features it should encourage you to learn more features that include formulas. See our Beginner Excel Core Level 1 or Intermediate Excel Core Level 2 for Excel with formulas.
Session 1: Tidy data to enable accuracy
- Copy, paste and move data from one worksheet or website
- Paste Options: Transpose data to appear vertically or horizontally
- Insert and delete rows or columns in your worksheet
- Use Freeze pane to keep a portion visible while you scroll
- Remove Duplicate data from a sheet
- Use Data Validation to limit type or size of data entered in a cell
- Use Flash Fill to automatically fill in values and combine or tidy a long list
- Use TEXTJOIN to concatenate a list
- Use Range Names for selecting and moving around
- Control the layout of your sheets when printing
Session 2: Using multiple data without maths
- Work on more than one worksheet and group them to make changes simultaneously
- Use Consolidate feature to summarise multiple sheets of data
- Sort large data into order and filter to show only the data you need
Session 3: Visualise your data
- Use Conditional Formatting to automatically change the look of cells based on its value
- Create the best chart type for your data to make them stand out and easy to understand
- Create sparklines to show trends and pattern
Session 4: Make your data make an impact
- Quickly convert a range of cells to a table, with its own style
- Use Subtotal to create mini summaries
- Create a Pivot Table to summarise large sets of data easily
Which Excel course is right for you?
Making sure you’ve booked the right course isn’t always easy.
Luckily we have a handy survey to help you decide.
And if you’re still unsure, call our friendly team on 020 7375 7300 and we’ll help you work out what you need.
Emma Morgan146 days ago
Just the info I needed, great
What is it like to learn with Happy?
Our facilitators make learning interactive and fun. In this video, Maureen delivers a session on Formulas and Functions in Excel at Happy's HQ in London.
The Small Print
The course will run from 10am to 4:45pm (lunch is served 1pm to 1:45pm — we offer a choice of 3 cold bowl dishes). Please be careful to arrive by 9:45am for registration and refreshments. The course will start precisely on time and it may not be possible to go back over material missed by late arrivals. If you arrive over 30 minutes late you may be asked to leave and attend another day.
Please ensure you read our Terms and Conditions before booking for our payment terms and cancellation policy.
The happy Guarantee
We want everyone to go away from our courses feeling as though they have learnt useful, practical skills that they can use straight away when they go back to work.
If you don’t feel that your training has been useful or if you are unhappy in any way, please get in touch with our Customer Services team within 30 days of the course. We will be happy to offer you additional support and training free of charge to help you to gain the skills you need, or if you’d prefer, a full refund.
Your post-course support package
- 2 years of free access to our IT Helpline
- Unlimited access - call or email our team as often as you need
- Ask about any content covered on your course
- Included in the price of our training sessions