Beginner Excel Core Level 1
This course is for anyone who has never used Excel before (or any other spreadsheet package) or those who have some experience editing data but are not confident creating calculations (including ones that use fixed figures like VAT) and charts.
What you will learn
By the end of this beginner one-day Excel course, you will be able to:
- Create, save, close, open and print spreadsheets
- Insert and delete rows or columns in your spreadsheet
- Get Excel to add up numbers automatically
- Copy formulae in your spreadsheet whilst keeping one of the cell references constant
- Sort large databases into order and filter to show only the data you need
- Alter the look of the numbers and text, add comments, lay out text with merged cells and wrapped text, use cell styles, change the layout for printing.
- Visually represent numbers and text (as a chart) in your spreadsheet, to make them stand out and easy to understand
- What is a Spreadsheet
- Entering Text and Numbers
- The Mouse keeps Changing Shape
- Saving a Spreadsheet
- Creating a sequence with the Autofill feature
- Inserting and Deleting Rows and Columns
- Comments; Cell Styles.
- Creating Formulas
- Using the Sum feature
- Copying Formulae with Autofill
- Number Format.
- Using Absolute Cell References to refer to fixed figures in formulas
- Good Spreadsheet Design.
- Using Excel as a database
- Freeze panes
- Printing the first row
- Multi-level sorting
- Custom Filters.
- Print Preview
- Page Setup for Printing
- Headers and Footers.
- Conditional Formatting
- Types of Charts
- Creating Charts using the Keyboard
- Chart Layout
- Chart Styles
Which Excel course is right for you?
Making sure you’ve booked the right course isn’t always easy.
Luckily we have a handy survey to help you decide.
And if you’re still unsure, call our friendly team on 020 7375 7300 and we’ll help you work out what you need.
What is it like to learn with Happy?
Our facilitators make learning interactive and fun. In this video, Maureen delivers a session on Formulas and Functions in Excel at Happy's HQ in London.
The Small Print
The course will run from 10am to 4:45pm (hot buffet lunch 1pm to 1:45pm). Please be careful to arrive by 9:45am for registration and refreshments. The course will start precisely on time and it may not be possible to go back over material missed by late arrivals. If you arrive over 30 minutes late you may be asked to leave and attend another day.
Please ensure you read our Terms and Conditions before booking for our payment terms and cancellation policy.
The happy Guarantee
We want everyone to go away from our courses feeling as though they have learnt useful, practical skills that they can use straight away when they go back to work.
If you don’t feel that your training has been useful or if you are unhappy in any way, please get in touch with our Customer Services team within 30 days of the course. We will be happy to offer you additional support and training free of charge to help you to gain the skills you need, or if you’d prefer, a full refund.
Your post-course support package
- 2 years of free access to our IT Helpline
- Unlimited access - call or email our team as often as you need
- Ask about any content covered on your course
- Included in the price of our training sessions