When you work for Happy, you become part of our greatest asset: our people. We know that by treating you with excellence, we will receive excellent work in return.
What's it like to work for Happy?
- Working for a company based around the principle that ‘people work best when they feel good about themselves’
- A workplace where, instead of levels of approval, people are trusted to make the key decisions for themselves
- Managers who’ll trust you to work out your own balance of life and work
- A blame-free culture where mistakes are celebrated
Wouldn’t you want to work there?
Happy was recognised as 2nd in the 2022 UK’s Best Workplaces™ for Small Businesses and 15th in Europe for Small Businesses in 2022, based on our culture and values. Read about our core values here.
We offer a host of benefits to our people (after passing probation), including:
- 4 day working week for full-time staff — Work 32 hours per week and be paid for 37.5 hours, as long as you are just as productive
- Profit-related pay to staff and to charity — 20% of our profit is distributed evenly between all staff and 4% of our profit is donated to charities (charities chosen by staff)
- Monthly excellence bonus — approximately £500 per year
- Ability to work from home — agreed with your team and dependent on role
- 22 days of holiday allowance — increased by 1 day per year of service (up to 30 days)
- Birthday off each year — on top of your annual leave entitlement, for low sickness record
- Paid sabbaticals — recognising long service, with 1 month after 6 and 12 years and 2 months after 20 years of service
Plus much more.
About Happy's culture
On these pages, you can learn how we put our values into practice and what it's like to work at Happy through videos, quotes from our people, and photos.
Appraisals and recognition
Find out about our Happy@Happy snapshot form, how we complete our 360' feedback, and how we recognise our people.
Working to strengths
All new members of staff take the Clifton Strengths Assessment so we can find out what their top five strengths are. Here's how we use this information in our day-to-day work and in our organisation chart.
Celebrating mistakes and cultivating innovation
Innovation is at the heart of Happy, and we encourage continuous improvement across the organisation. Here's what this looks like in practice.
The recruitment process
Wanting to apply for a job at Happy? Find out what to consider before completing an application form, and what to expect throughout the process (whether or not your application is successful).