Intermediate Excel Core Level 2
In this intermediate Excel course, you will learn time-saving techniques including Conditional Formatting, range names and formulas such as Average, Min, Max and Count IF. You will also learn how to create a basic Pivot Table to summarise large sets of data quickly and easily.
This course can be delivered in the classroom or remotely via GoToTraining. Contact us for availability and pricing, or see our Intermediate Excel Core Level 2 Live Online Learning page for details on our interactive 90-minute webinars that cover specific sessions.
What you will learn
In particular you will be able to:
- Create formulas using time and time formats
- Manually create a range name to refer to a cell, for example ‘VAT’ rather than B2
- Paste special, Copy part of your Excel spreadsheet to a Word document and have any changes made in Excel updated in the Word document
- Use functions such as average, minimum and maximum to create statistical information
- Use Conditional Formatting to automatically change the look of cells depending on their value
- Create a calculation based on a condition. e.g. add a £10 bonus to all staff who have achieved results above target
- Count entries if they meet a condition. e.g. count the number of customers who live in Leeds
- Create and work on more than one worksheet and group them to make changes simultaneously
- Use the Consolidate feature to summarise multiple sheets of data. Link formulas across Worksheets
- Protect your data from deletions or changes
- Create a basic Pivot Table to summarise large sets of data easily
- Brief recap on Formulae and Absolute Cell References
- Simple Range Names
- Time Formats, Calculating with Time, Pasting Excel to Word (with and without Links)
- Using the Paste Function
- Common Functions: Average, Min and Max
- Conditional Formatting
- Using Basic If Function
- Using CountIf
- Using Multiple Worksheets
- Grouping across Sheets
- Linking Formulae across Sheets
- Pivot Tables
This course can be delivered in the classroom or remotely via GoToTraining. Contact us for availability and pricing, or see our Live Online Learning page for our interactive 90-minute webinars that cover specific sessions.
Which Excel course is right for you?
Making sure you’ve booked the right course isn’t always easy.
Luckily we have a handy survey to help you decide.
And if you’re still unsure, call our friendly team on 020 7375 7300 and we’ll help you work out what you need.
Group Learning Events
If you have three or more learners, a private group course could be cheaper.
We can tailor the content to your team, and host the training remotely, at your workplace or here at Happy's HQ in Aldgate, Central London.
What is it like to learn with Happy?
Our facilitators make learning interactive and fun. In this video, Maureen delivers a session on Formulas and Functions in Excel at Happy's HQ in London.
The Small Print
The course will run from 10am to 4:45pm (lunch is served 1pm to 1:45pm — we offer a choice of 3 cold bowl dishes). Please be careful to arrive by 9:45am for registration and refreshments. The course will start precisely on time and it may not be possible to go back over material missed by late arrivals. If you arrive over 30 minutes late you may be asked to leave and attend another day.
Please ensure you read our Terms and Conditions before booking for our payment terms and cancellation policy.
The happy Guarantee
We want everyone to go away from our courses feeling as though they have learnt useful, practical skills that they can use straight away when they go back to work.
If you don’t feel that your training has been useful or if you are unhappy in any way, please get in touch with our Customer Services team within 30 days of the course. We will be happy to offer you additional support and training free of charge to help you to gain the skills you need, or if you’d prefer, a full refund.
Due to current government guidelines we have temporarily closed our training centre in London. All of our staff are now working remotely, and all classroom training has been postponed until 29th May.
We have developed a fantastic range of interactive webinars delivered by our experienced facilitators, Live Online Learning. We understand that for many people this will be the first time that they have worked from home and so we have developed short 1.5-2 hour sessions to help you adjust to this new situation. You can see details of our IT Skills live online learning sessions here and our Personal Development sessions here – or we can adapt any of our classroom training into webinar format for you.
For the latest government guidance, please visit the gov.uk website.
We will continue to monitor the situation and will advise all clients if the situation changes.
If you have any questions or concerns, or would like to arrange some online training, our friendly team are available Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm. You can leave a message on 020 7375 7300 or email us at email@example.com.
Your post-course support package
- 2 years of free access to our IT Helpline
- Unlimited access - call or email our team as often as you need
- Ask about any content covered on your course
- Included in the price of our training sessions
Did you know...
...we also run more advanced Excel courses?
Learn how to summarise and display useful and relevant information to help you make better decisions with our courses that focus on Pivot Tables, Dashboards and Charts.
Take a look at the courses below:
Analysing Excel Data for Better Business Decisions to enable you to quickly and effectively analyse data by using techniques such as interactive Dashboards, Conditional Formatting and Pivot Tables. Find out more
Advanced Excel Pivot Tables: From Data to Dashboard to enable you to to use Excel’s powerful Pivot Table and Pivot Chart tools to summarise and display useful and relevant information to help your decision makers use all of this data. Find out more
Excel Without Maths to explore several cool Excel features that will help make Excel better and more efficient for you — without having to use formulas! Find out more