Intermediate Excel Core Level 2
In this intermediate level course, you will learn time-saving techniques including Conditional Formatting, range names and formulas such as Average, Min, Max and Count IF. You will also learn how to create a basic Pivot Table to summarise large sets of data quickly and easily.
It is designed for users with some experience of Excel, who can create and alter spreadsheets, and create basic calculations.
Public Sector Price£250*
- *Excluding VAT
Class size8 approx.
Learners must have used Excel before and be familiar with using formulae for calculations; for example a multiplication that involves a fixed figure (such as VAT) and requires an Absolute Cell Reference (e.g. $B$4).
What you will learn
In particular you will be able to:
- Create formulas using time and time formats
- Manually create a range name to refer to a cell, for example ‘VAT’ rather than B2
- Paste special, Copy part of your Excel spreadsheet to a Word document and have any changes made in Excel updated in the Word document
- Use functions such as average, minimum and maximum to create statistical information
- Use Conditional Formatting to automatically change the look of cells depending on their value
- Create a calculation based on a condition. e.g. add a £10 bonus to all staff who have achieved results above target
- Count entries if they meet a condition. e.g. count the number of customers who live in Leeds
- Create and work on more than one worksheet and group them to make changes simultaneously
- Use the Consolidate feature to summarise multiple sheets of data. Link formulas across Worksheets
- Protect your data from deletions or changes
- Create a basic Pivot Table to summarise large sets of data easily
- Brief recap on Formulae and Absolute Cell References
- Simple Range Names
- Time Formats, Calculating with Time, Pasting Excel to Word (with and without Links)
- Using the Paste Function
- Common Functions: Average, Min and Max
- Conditional Formatting
- Using Basic If Function
- Using CountIf
- Using Multiple Worksheets
- Grouping across Sheets
- Linking Formulae across Sheets
- Pivot Tables
Which Excel course is right for you?
Making sure you’ve booked the right course isn’t always easy.
Luckily we have a handy survey to help you decide.
And if you’re still unsure, call our friendly team on 020 7375 7300 and we’ll help you work out what you need.
Dijon Pitt4 days ago
What is it like to learn with Happy?
Our facilitators make learning interactive and fun. In this video, Maureen delivers a session on Formulas and Functions in Excel at Happy's HQ in London.
The Small Print
The course will run from 10am to 4:45pm (hot buffet lunch 1pm to 1:45pm). Please be careful to arrive by 9:45am for registration and refreshments. The course will start precisely on time and it may not be possible to go back over material missed by late arrivals. If you arrive over 30 minutes late you may be asked to leave and attend another day.
Please ensure you read our Terms and Conditions before booking for our payment terms and cancellation policy.
The happy Guarantee
We want everyone to go away from our courses feeling as though they have learnt useful, practical skills that they can use straight away when they go back to work.
If you don’t feel that your training has been useful or if you are unhappy in any way, please get in touch with our Customer Services team within 30 days of the course. We will be happy to offer you additional support and training free of charge to help you to gain the skills you need, or if you’d prefer, a full refund.
Your post-course support package
- 2 years of free access to our IT Helpline
- Unlimited access - call or email our team as often as you need
- Ask about any content covered on your course
- Included in the price of our training sessions