Introduction to Excel Macros and VBA
This one-day course is for expert Excel users who have never used Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) and who would like to learn how to automate repetitive tasks. This course moves at a fast pace and is an introduction to the basics of editing macros.
What you will learn
By the end of this expert level Excel course, you will be able to:
- Record relative and absolute macros.
- Run macros from buttons and shortcut keys.
- Edit macros in the VBA Window.
- Make macros more flexible by adding user prompts.
- Create VBA code to split up text strings.
- Loop macros using VBA.
- Create macros that run other macros.
- Recording Macros
- Relative vs. Absolute macros
- Assigning macros to a button on a spreadsheet
- Assigning macros to a button on a toolbar
- Introduction to the VBA Window
- Editing macros in VBA
- Creating user prompts in macros
- Text Functions
- Looping code using VBA
- More macros
- Running one macro from another
- Getting help with VBA
Which Excel course is right for you?
Making sure you’ve booked the right course isn’t always easy.
Luckily we have a handy survey to help you decide.
And if you’re still unsure, call our friendly team on 020 7375 7300 and we’ll help you work out what you need.
Emma Morgan115 days ago
Just the info I needed, great
What is it like to learn with Happy?
Our facilitators make learning interactive and fun. In this video, Maureen delivers a session on Formulas and Functions in Excel at Happy's HQ in London.
The Small Print
The course will run from 10am to 4:45pm (lunch is served 1pm to 1:45pm — we offer a choice of 3 cold bowl dishes). Please be careful to arrive by 9:45am for registration and refreshments. The course will start precisely on time and it may not be possible to go back over material missed by late arrivals. If you arrive over 30 minutes late you may be asked to leave and attend another day.
Please ensure you read our Terms and Conditions before booking for our payment terms and cancellation policy.
The happy Guarantee
We want everyone to go away from our courses feeling as though they have learnt useful, practical skills that they can use straight away when they go back to work.
If you don’t feel that your training has been useful or if you are unhappy in any way, please get in touch with our Customer Services team within 30 days of the course. We will be happy to offer you additional support and training free of charge to help you to gain the skills you need, or if you’d prefer, a full refund.
Your post-course support package
- 2 years of free access to our IT Helpline
- Unlimited access - call or email our team as often as you need
- Ask about any content covered on your course
- Included in the price of our training sessions