Photoshop Elements Essentials
This one-day Photoshop Elements course has been designed for total beginners. By the end of the course you will be confident in using some of the essential features of Photoshop Elements, such as using Quick Fix, Selections and Layers to manipulate images and photographs. Be prepared for a fun and creative day!
What you will learn
By the end of this one-day Photoshop Elements course, you will be able to:
- Import, sort, rate and tag and resize images
- Use the Clone Stamp, Spot Healing Brush and the Healing Brush to remove defects from an image
- Identify the differences between CMYK and RGB Colour Modes
- Optimise the quality of your image for use on the Web
- Unleash your creative potential!
- Elements Organiser
- Importing, Sorting, Rating & Tagging Images
- Images Basics:
- Image Size
- Quick Fix Edits
- Basic Editing from the Organiser
- Resizing Images
Image Repair & Retouching:
- Cropping & Straightening an Image
- Repairing Flaws
- Image Sharpening
- Removing unwanted elements
- Colour Modes
- Correcting Tone, Levels, Shadows and Colour
Compositing & Adjusting using Selections and Layers:
- Selection Tools; Modifying & Refining Selections
- Copying an object from one image to another
- Introduction to Layers
- Renaming, Deleting, Hiding/Showing Layers
- Using Adjustment Layers to correct an Image
Finishing & Exporting Images:
- Adding Text to an Image
- Optimising Images for the Web
- Preparing for print
Need help? Call us on020 7375 7300
Group Learning Events
If you have three or more learners, a private group course could be cheaper.
We can tailor the content to your team, and host the training at your workplace or here at Happy's HQ in Aldgate, Central London.
What is it like to learn with Happy?
Our facilitators make learning interactive and fun. In this video, Maureen delivers a session on Formulas and Functions in Excel at Happy's HQ in London.
The Small Print
The course will run from 10am to 4:45pm (lunch is served 1pm to 1:45pm — we offer a choice of 3 cold bowl dishes). Please be careful to arrive by 9:45am for registration and refreshments. The course will start precisely on time and it may not be possible to go back over material missed by late arrivals. If you arrive over 30 minutes late you may be asked to leave and attend another day.
Please ensure you read our Terms and Conditions before booking for our payment terms and cancellation policy.
The happy Guarantee
We want everyone to go away from our courses feeling as though they have learnt useful, practical skills that they can use straight away when they go back to work.
If you don’t feel that your training has been useful or if you are unhappy in any way, please get in touch with our Customer Services team within 30 days of the course. We will be happy to offer you additional support and training free of charge to help you to gain the skills you need, or if you’d prefer, a full refund.
Your post-course support package
- 2 years of free access to our IT Helpline
- Unlimited access - call or email our team as often as you need
- Ask about any content covered on your course
- Included in the price of our training sessions
Did you know...
...Happy also offers a different introductory Photoshop course, and a course in Adobe InDesign?
Introduction to Adobe Photoshop will show you how to manipulate photographs, perform image touch-ups, apply filters and more. The Introduction to Adobe InDesign course shows you all the essential features of the desktop publishing and typesetting software. Both are designed for people with no prior experience.
Introduction to Adobe InDesign to learn techniques that can be used to create posters, flyers, brochures, magazines, newspapers, presentations and eBooks. Find out more
Introduction to Adobe Photoshop to enable you to touch up and edit your photographs. Find out more