Microsoft Visio Essentials
This one-day training course course has been designed to give you all the basics of Visio, so you can start mapping process flow diagrams and creating organisation charts, network diagrams and scaled diagrams (such as room layouts). By the end of the day you will be able to set up, populate, layout, print and export a Visio diagram, and you will be able to create multiple pages with links between them.
What you will learn
By the end of this one-day Visio course, you will be able to:
- Open templates and stencils
- Understand the layout of the drawing window and how to zoom
- Format shapes and text
- Use foreground and background pages to produce consistent layouts
- Connect shapes using connector tools
- Create basic flowcharts, process flowcharts and organisation charts
- Create hyperlinks between pages and save your drawings for use on an intranet or internet
Session 1 — Creating a simple drawing
- Getting around Visio
- Drawings, stencils and templates
- Finding shapes
- Working with shapes
- Zooming, panning and moving around a drawing
- Grids and rulers
- Working with text
Session 2 — Using multiple links and pages
- Inserting, deleting, copying and naming pages
- Creating a page to be used as a background
- Applying background pages to other drawings
Session 3 — Using flowchart shapes
- Connecting shapes together
- Connector tools – point to point and shape to shape
- Align and distribute
- Saving a drawing for use outside of Visio
Session 4 — Using guides
- Creating an organisation chart on one or more pages
- Formatting parts of an organisation chart
- Saving a drawing for the web or an intranet
Group Learning Events
If you have three or more learners, a private group course could be cheaper.
We can tailor the content to your team, and host the training at your workplace or here at Happy's HQ in Aldgate, Central London.
What is it like to learn with Happy?
Our facilitators make learning interactive and fun. In this video, Maureen delivers a session on Formulas and Functions in Excel at Happy's HQ in London.
The Small Print
The course will run from 10am to 4:45pm (lunch is served 1pm to 1:45pm — we offer a choice of 3 cold bowl dishes). Please be careful to arrive by 9:45am for registration and refreshments. The course will start precisely on time and it may not be possible to go back over material missed by late arrivals. If you arrive over 30 minutes late you may be asked to leave and attend another day.
Please ensure you read our Terms and Conditions before booking for our payment terms and cancellation policy.
The happy Guarantee
We want everyone to go away from our courses feeling as though they have learnt useful, practical skills that they can use straight away when they go back to work.
If you don’t feel that your training has been useful or if you are unhappy in any way, please get in touch with our Customer Services team within 30 days of the course. We will be happy to offer you additional support and training free of charge to help you to gain the skills you need, or if you’d prefer, a full refund.
Your post-course support package
- 2 years of free access to our IT Helpline
- Unlimited access - call or email our team as often as you need
- Ask about any content covered on your course
- Included in the price of our training sessions
Did you know...
...Happy runs courses in a host of other Microsoft Office applications?
This includes beginner, intermediate and advanced courses in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Access, which provide essential knowledge for getting you started as well as highly specialised techniques. We also cater to users of MS Project, Publisher, and Office 365 Online.
Beginner Excel Core Level 1 for anyone who has never used Excel or any other spreadsheet package before. Find out more
Collaborating with OneDrive and OneNote to enable you to use OneDrive and OneNote so you can collaborate more effectively with your colleagues. Find out more
Microsoft Publisher Essentials to enable you to create documents for printed publication, such as newsletters, flyers, brochures, business cards, and more. Find out more