Collaborating with OneDrive and OneNote
Office 365 offers a new way of storing files. Because they are in the Cloud you can access them anywhere, have a synchronised local copy and version control is handled automatically. You can share documents with colleagues so that everyone has access to the same copy of the document, and you can collaborate in real time. This can hugely reduce email and errors.
In this half-day course, we will show you how to use OneDrive and OneNote so you can collaborate more effectively with your colleagues.
- *Excluding VAT
Class size8 approx.
Learners must be familiar with Cloud Computing (either Office 365, GSuite or similar) and be confident creating and saving documents and navigating multiple browser tabs. If you are not confident using computers, then please take a look at our IT Essentials course that covers using Windows 10 and Outlook, or our Office 365 Conversion Course that covers the new features in Office 365 such as the Cloud and using OneDrive.
What you will learn
In this half-day OneDrive and OneNote course, you will learn:
- How to share your OneDrive documents
- How to collaborate in real time and see others’ changes
- How to manage version control
- How to create a OneNote notebook, and create and tag your content
- How to share your OneNote Notebook
- Working in the Cloud
- What is Office 365, OneDrive and OneNote?
- Creating folders and files in OneDrive
- Editing in Word Online
- Editing in the desktop version
- Sharing your OneDrive document
- Setting read and write access
- Collaborating in real time and seeing other users’ changes
- Version control
- If there’s time: Manage access (check and change what permissions you’ve given to others)
- Creating a OneNote notebook
- How to plan your OneNote notebooks and when to create a separate one
- Adding sections and pages
- Adding content from within OneNote – text, screen clippings
- Inserting a file vs adding a OneDrive link
- Send an email to OneNote
- To Do tags
- Sharing your Notebook
- If there’s time: Other Tags, searching your notebook, capture audio or video
Sajid Ali9 days ago
Need help? Call us on020 7375 7300
Group Learning Events
If you have three or more learners, a private group course could be cheaper.
We can tailor the content to your team, and host the training at your workplace or here at Happy's HQ in Aldgate, Central London.
What is it like to learn with Happy?
Our facilitators make learning interactive and fun. In this video, Maureen delivers a session on Formulas and Functions in Excel at Happy's HQ in London.
The Small Print
The course will run from 10am to 1pm. Please be careful to arrive by 9.45am for registration and refreshments. The course will start precisely on time and it may not be possible to go back over material missed by late arrivals. If you arrive over 30 minutes late you may be asked to leave and attend another day.
Please ensure you read our Terms and Conditions before booking for our payment terms and cancellation policy.
The happy Guarantee
We want everyone to go away from our courses feeling as though they have learnt useful, practical skills that they can use straight away when they go back to work.
If you don’t feel that your training has been useful or if you are unhappy in any way, please get in touch with our Customer Services team within 30 days of the course. We will be happy to offer you additional support and training free of charge to help you to gain the skills you need, or if you’d prefer, a full refund.
Your post-course support package
- 2 years of free access to our IT Helpline
- Unlimited access - call or email our team as often as you need
- Ask about any content covered on your course
- Included in the price of our training sessions
Did you know...
If you're using OneNote and OneDrive as part of the Office 365 suite you may want to tie it in with Teams or SharePoint?
Happy has courses to help you be more productive in both of these Microsoft services, too. Take a look at those listed below.
Introduction to Microsoft Teams: Teams is a new way of communicating and storing files, which keeps everything that happens in relation to a team or project in one place. Find out more
Introduction to SharePoint: SharePoint is the perfect solution for organisations with remote workers and for keeping files safe, secure and backed up. Find out more