Introduction to Power Pivot
This one-day course will give you an introduction to Power Pivot and its capabilities. By the end of the course, you will be able to analyse, visualise and report on large amounts of data. You will also be able join data from more than one table in order to analyse it, instead of using VLOOKUPs or having one large list that duplicates data.
What you will learn
On this one-day introductory Power Pivot course, you will learn:
- The benefits of using the Power Pivot tool and how it links to other Microsoft tools such as Power Query and Power BI
- How to analyse, visualise and report on large amounts of data
- How to join data from more than one table in order to analyse it, instead of using VLOOKUPs or having one large list that duplicates data
- The benefits of Power Pivot
- Installing the COM add-ins for Power Pivot and related tools
- Importing Data from different sources such as databases, text files, and
- Excel spreadsheets
- Linked data and adding data
- Switching views – between Data View and Diagram View
- Basic tools and navigation in the Data Model
- Naming tables
- Creating, naming and deleting tables
- Formatting tables
- Sorting and filtering
- Talk about relational theory
- Creating a relationship between two tables
- View, delete and edit relationships
Session Two: Pivot Tables
- Create from inside Power Pivot vs via Insert Tab in Excel
- Quick Explore
- Slicers (including timelines and linking to multiple Pivot Tables – report connections)
- Pivot Charts
Session Three: Calculations
- Calculated Columns (advantages and disadvantages)
- Measures (basics) (advantages of measures being able to be build
- Count Rows (reminder to self – number of records per client)
- Distinct Count (reminder to self – number of products)
Session Four: Date and Time Functions
- Date table – adding to the Data Model
- Linking to other tables
- Month to Date Measure
- DATEADD – Last Year
- Power View – a brief introduction (creating visuals and outputs)
- If there’s time: Year to Date, KPIs
Trusted Customer2 days ago
The room was not ready with the screen project. Did not start until 11am. Find it difficult to understand Edo at times. I think the course was rushed.
Need help? Call us on020 7375 7300
Group Learning Events
If you have three or more learners, a private group course could be cheaper.
We can tailor the content to your team, and host the training remotely, at your workplace or here at Happy's HQ in Aldgate, Central London.
What is it like to learn with Happy?
Our facilitators make learning interactive and fun. In this video, Maureen delivers a session on Formulas and Functions in Excel at Happy's HQ in London.
The Small Print
The course will run from 10am to 4:45pm (lunch is served 1pm to 1:45pm — we offer a choice of 3 cold bowl dishes). Please be careful to arrive by 9:45am for registration and refreshments. The course will start precisely on time and it may not be possible to go back over material missed by late arrivals. If you arrive over 30 minutes late you may be asked to leave and attend another day.
Please ensure you read our Terms and Conditions before booking for our payment terms and cancellation policy.
The happy Guarantee
We want everyone to go away from our courses feeling as though they have learnt useful, practical skills that they can use straight away when they go back to work.
If you don’t feel that your training has been useful or if you are unhappy in any way, please get in touch with our Customer Services team within 30 days of the course. We will be happy to offer you additional support and training free of charge to help you to gain the skills you need, or if you’d prefer, a full refund.
Due to current government guidelines we have temporarily closed our training centre in London. All of our staff are now working remotely, and all classroom training has been postponed until 29th May.
We have developed a fantastic range of interactive webinars delivered by our experienced facilitators, Live Online Learning. We understand that for many people this will be the first time that they have worked from home and so we have developed short 1.5-2 hour sessions to help you adjust to this new situation. You can see details of our IT Skills live online learning sessions here and our Personal Development sessions here – or we can adapt any of our classroom training into webinar format for you.
For the latest government guidance, please visit the gov.uk website.
We will continue to monitor the situation and will advise all clients if the situation changes.
If you have any questions or concerns, or would like to arrange some online training, our friendly team are available Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm. You can leave a message on 020 7375 7300 or email us at email@example.com.
Your post-course support package
- 2 years of free access to our IT Helpline
- Unlimited access - call or email our team as often as you need
- Ask about any content covered on your course
- Included in the price of our training sessions
Did you know...
...Happy offers a wide range of Microsoft Excel courses, including those that focus on Pivot Tables and data analysis?
Whether you're new to Excel or you're looking to expand your proficiency within the application, Happy has a range of courses to meet your needs.
Advanced Excel Pivot Tables: From Data to Dashboard to enable you to use the Pivot Table and Pivot Chart tools to summarise and display useful and relevant information and make use all of this data. Find out more
Advanced Excel: Analysing Excel Data for Better Business Decisions to enable you to quickly and effectively analyse data by using techniques such as interactive Dashboards, Conditional Formatting and Pivot Tables. Find out more