Introduction to Power Pivot
This one-day course will give you an introduction to Power Pivot and its capabilities. By the end of the course, you will be able to analyse, visualise and report on large amounts of data. You will also be able join data from more than one table in order to analyse it, instead of using VLOOKUPs or having one large list that duplicates data.
What you will learn
On this one-day introductory Power Pivot course, you will learn:
- The benefits of using the Power Pivot tool and how it links to other Microsoft tools such as Power Query and Power BI
- How to analyse, visualise and report on large amounts of data
- How to join data from more than one table in order to analyse it, instead of using VLOOKUPs or having one large list that duplicates data
- The benefits of Power Pivot
- Installing the COM add-ins for Power Pivot and related tools
- Importing Data from different sources such as databases, text files, and
- Excel spreadsheets
- Linked data and adding data
- Switching views – between Data View and Diagram View
- Basic tools and navigation in the Data Model
- Naming tables
- Creating, naming and deleting tables
- Formatting tables
- Sorting and filtering
- Talk about relational theory
- Creating a relationship between two tables
- View, delete and edit relationships
Session Two: Pivot Tables
- Create from inside Power Pivot vs via Insert Tab in Excel
- Quick Explore
- Slicers (including timelines and linking to multiple Pivot Tables – report connections)
- Pivot Charts
Session Three: Calculations
- Calculated Columns (advantages and disadvantages)
- Measures (basics) (advantages of measures being able to be build
- Count Rows (reminder to self – number of records per client)
- Distinct Count (reminder to self – number of products)
Session Four: Date and Time Functions
- Date table – adding to the Data Model
- Linking to other tables
- Month to Date Measure
- DATEADD – Last Year
- Power View – a brief introduction (creating visuals and outputs)
- If there’s time: Year to Date, KPIs
Trusted Customer27 days ago
fine did not like the venue
Need help? Call us on020 7375 7300
What is it like to learn with Happy?
Our facilitators make learning interactive and fun. In this video, Maureen delivers a session on Formulas and Functions in Excel at Happy's HQ in London.
The Small Print
The course will run from 10am to 4:45pm (hot buffet lunch 1pm to 1:45pm). Please be careful to arrive by 9.45am for registration and refreshments. The course will start precisely on time and it may not be possible to go back over material missed by late arrivals. If you arrive over 30 minutes late you may be asked to leave and attend another day.
Please ensure you read our Terms and Conditions before booking for our payment terms and cancellation policy.
The Happy Guarantee
We want everyone to go away from our courses feeling as though they have learnt useful, practical skills that they can use straight away when they go back to work.
If you don’t feel that your training has been useful or if you are unhappy in any way, please just get in touch with our Customer Services team within 30 days of the course. We will be happy to offer you additional support and training free of charge to help you to gain the skills you need, or if you’d prefer, a full refund.