Advanced Excel: Analysing Excel Data for Better Business Decisions
This Excel course is for learners that need to use Excel to quickly and effectively analyse data. The techniques range from those for speedy analysis to setting up complex automated dashboards.
This is an intensive advanced course for users who are ready to learn at a fast pace.
Public Sector Price£290*
- *Excluding VAT
Class size8 approx.
Learners must be confident with creating formulas across worksheets, Autofilling them through rows or columns and using Absolute Cell References (e.g. $B$4). Learners will also need to be confident with basic Functions such as COUNT, AVERAGE, IF and simple range names. We highly recommend that participants consider joining our Excel Core Level 2 course prior to attending this course if they are not already completely confident with any of the above. This course will only suit those learners who learn at a fast pace, more reflective learners may be better served by our standard courses.
What you will learn
In particular you will be able to:
- Set out your data, and create charts, to provide the clearest possible picture of the meaning of the information
- Use conditional formatting to highlight and quickly identify the variety in results, the top 10, the top 10% and so on
- Use conditional formatting for traffic light colour coding – creating RAG highlighting (Red Amber Green)
- Quickly identify the key trends in the data using Pivot Tables
- Use filters, group selection and value field settings in Pivot Tables to quickly produce detailed analysis
- Use Slicers to filter the results of many pivot tables
- Example: Set up quarterly analysis of thousands of records in under a minute
- Solve the most common issues with importing data from large databases or other sources
- Automate the spread-sheet so updates only require a cut-and-paste
- Create inter-active dashboards to display key information
- Use drop-down menus to enable others to extract information
- Add validation and criteria analysis
- Use data analysis functions to extract summary information
Session 1 — Data Presentation
- Principles for clear display of data
- Effective use of charts
Session 2 — Extracting Meaning
- Conditional Formatting
- Pivot Tables
- Pivot Charts
Session 3 — Dealing with Imported Data
- Formatting Issues
- Text Functions
- Lookup, IF, Index & Match.
Session 4 — Data Analysis Functions
- SUMIF etc
Session 5 — Dashboard Automation
- Drop down menus
- Dynamic Range names
Which Excel course is right for you?
Making sure you’ve booked the right course isn’t always easy.
Luckily we have a handy survey to help you decide.
And if you’re still unsure, call our friendly team on 020 7375 7300 and we’ll help you work out what you need.
Emma Morgan60 days ago
Just the info I needed, great
What is it like to learn with Happy?
Our facilitators make learning interactive and fun. In this video, Maureen delivers a session on Formulas and Functions in Excel at Happy's HQ in London.
The Small Print
The course runs 9:30am to 5:15pm (hot buffet 1pm to 1:45pm). Please be careful to arrive by 9:15am for registration and refreshments. The course will start precisely on time and it may not be possible to go back over material missed by late arrivals. If you arrive over 20 minutes late you may be asked to leave and attend another day.
Please ensure you read our Terms and Conditions before booking for our payment terms and cancellation policy.
The happy Guarantee
We want everyone to go away from our courses feeling as though they have learnt useful, practical skills that they can use straight away when they go back to work.
If you don’t feel that your training has been useful or if you are unhappy in any way, please get in touch with our Customer Services team within 30 days of the course. We will be happy to offer you additional support and training free of charge to help you to gain the skills you need, or if you’d prefer, a full refund.
Your post-course support package
- 2 years of free access to our IT Helpline
- Unlimited access - call or email our team as often as you need
- Ask about any content covered on your course
- Included in the price of our training sessions