Advanced Excel Pivot Tables: From Data to Dashboard
Managing any type of enterprise means mastering your data. Frequently, however, turning that data into useful information and then sharing that with the managers who need it can take much more time than it should.
In this faster-paced intensive one-day course, you will discover how to use Excel’s powerful Pivot Table and Pivot Chart tools to summarise and display useful and relevant information to help your decision makers use all of this data.
Using your knowledge of Excel’s Pivot Table and Pivot Chart tools, you will be able to turn large data sets into meaningful dashboards and reports confidently and efficiently.
Public Sector Price£290*
- *Excluding VAT
Class size8 approx.
Learners must be familiar with the following: working with multiple Excel worksheets, sorting and filtering and writing basic formulas and functions such as AVERAGE, COUNTIF, SUM etc. We recommend that you take our Excel Core Level 2 course first to ensure you have the skills required for this course, though this is not a requirement.
What you will learn
In this intensive, fast-paced course, you will learn how to condense, summarise, group and display large amounts of data. Using Pivot Tables and Pivot Charts to create dashboards that more effectively communicate the “story” behind your data.
In particular, you will be able to:
- Manipulate your Pivot Table, such as rearranging the layout, adding and removing fields, grouping data
- Change the look of your Pivot Table, display subtotals, add or remove Pivot Table elements
- Use a range name to make updating your data easier
- Change the way data is summarised and displayed, calculate new data within the Pivot Table
- Use the GETPIVOTDATA function to create summary data from large Pivot Tables
- Create Pivot Charts
- Arrange your Pivot Tables and Pivot Charts into a user-friendly dashboard
- Add interactive tools such as slicers and timelines
We recommend that you take our Excel Core Level 2 course first to ensure you have the skills required for this course, though this is not a requirement.
This is an intensive course, and will only suit those learners who learn at a fast pace. More reflective learners may be better served by one of our standard courses.
Session 1 — Creating Pivot Tables
- Create and change Pivot Tables
- Add and remove Pivot Table elements
- Change field and table properties
- Format text and numbers
Session 2 — Updating your Pivot Table and creating calculations within it
- Make Pivot Table data easy to update
- Change the way data is calculated in a pivot table
- Create calculations within a Pivot Table
- Pivot a pivot.
Session 3 — GETPIVOTDATA
Using the GETPIVOTDATA function
Session 4 — Using Pivot Charts
Session 5 — Creating dashboards
- Arranging tables and charts
- Formatting the dashboard sheet
- Adding interactive tools
Intensive Courses from happy
Intensive courses have been created specifically for those who need to learn a great deal of content at a faster pace. Each one is focused on increasing your productivity, and building a substantial expertise in just a single day. These courses will be longer, faster and more intensive than a standard classroom course. If you can keep up, the rewards will definitely be worth the effort.
Which Excel course is right for you?
Making sure you’ve booked the right course isn’t always easy.
Luckily we have a handy survey to help you decide.
And if you’re still unsure, call our friendly team on 020 7375 7300 and we’ll help you work out what you need.
Dijon Pitt4 days ago
What is it like to learn with Happy?
Our facilitators make learning interactive and fun. In this video, Maureen delivers a session on Formulas and Functions in Excel at Happy's HQ in London.
The Small Print
The course runs 9:30am to 5:15pm (hot buffet 1pm to 1:45pm). Please be careful to arrive by 9:15am for registration and refreshments. The course will start precisely on time and it may not be possible to go back over material missed by late arrivals. If you arrive over 20 minutes late you may be asked to leave and attend another day.
Please ensure you read our Terms and Conditions before booking for our payment terms and cancellation policy.
The happy Guarantee
We want everyone to go away from our courses feeling as though they have learnt useful, practical skills that they can use straight away when they go back to work.
If you don’t feel that your training has been useful or if you are unhappy in any way, please get in touch with our Customer Services team within 30 days of the course. We will be happy to offer you additional support and training free of charge to help you to gain the skills you need, or if you’d prefer, a full refund.
Your post-course support package
- 2 years of free access to our IT Helpline
- Unlimited access - call or email our team as often as you need
- Ask about any content covered on your course
- Included in the price of our training sessions