PowerPoint vs Sway for Presentations
This one-day course has been designed to give an introduction to Microsoft Sway, a digital storytelling app that allows you to create interactive reports, newsletters and presentations.
By the end of this course you will understand the key differences between PowerPoint and Sway, and will be able to choose the right application for the right task. You will also be able to create a basic presentation in Sway and share it with others.
What you will learn
By the end of the course you will have an understanding of the key differences between PowerPoint and Sway and you will be able to choose the right application for the right task.
You will also be able to create a basic Sway presentation and share it either for collaboration or for its audience to view it.
Session One — PowerPoint vs Sway
- PowerPoint vs Sway – a comparison
- When to choose each application?
- Best practice examples
Session Two: What makes an effective presentation?
- What makes effective presentation slides
- Making PowerPoint slides effective for a presentation delivered by a presenter
- Designing an effective stand-alone Sway document
Session Three: Creating PowerPoint Presentations
- Recap if needed: Inserting slides, layouts, inserting images
- Master Slides to ensure consistency
- Inserting sound and video
- Transitions and animations
Session Four: Using Sway
- Navigating in Sway
- Creating a new Sway from an existing document
- Inserting titles, text and images
- Altering layout
- Create a Sway from scratch
- Share your Sway for collaboration
- Share your Sway for viewing
What is it like to learn with Happy?
Our facilitators make learning interactive and fun. In this video, Maureen delivers a session on Formulas and Functions in Excel at Happy's HQ in London.
Trusted Customer6 days ago
Rachel was an excellent trainer and so patient!
The Small Print
The course will run from 10am to 4:45pm (hot buffet lunch 1pm to 1:45pm). Please be careful to arrive by 9:45am for registration and refreshments. The course will start precisely on time and it may not be possible to go back over material missed by late arrivals. If you arrive over 30 minutes late you may be asked to leave and attend another day.
Please ensure you read our Terms and Conditions before booking for our payment terms and cancellation policy.
The happy Guarantee
We want everyone to go away from our courses feeling as though they have learnt useful, practical skills that they can use straight away when they go back to work.
If you don’t feel that your training has been useful or if you are unhappy in any way, please get in touch with our Customer Services team within 30 days of the course. We will be happy to offer you additional support and training free of charge to help you to gain the skills you need, or if you’d prefer, a full refund.
Your post-course support package
- 2 years of free access to our IT Helpline
- Unlimited access - call or email our team as often as you need
- Ask about any content covered on your course
- Included in the price of our training sessions