Access Fast Track Essentials
This course is for anyone who is a self taught Access user at a basic level and is currently using an Access database. By the end of the course, you will be confident in using the essential features of Access to create and alter simple relational databases.
What you will learn
By the end of this one-day course, you will be able to:
- Understand what a database is for and when you need one.
- Extract specific information from your database.
- For example, show only the organisations with more than 1000 employees.
- Understand when you need more than one table in your database
- Create tables that link together
- Create a user friendly form to use for keying information in across different tables
- Create reports for the information you extract to provide professional looking output.
- Recap: Four Key Parts of an Access database
- Recap: Creating Queries and Using Criteria
- Editing your Query
- Recap: Database Design
- Recap: Creating and Editing Tables
- Relationships Between
- Main and Sub Forms
- Report Wizard
- Editing Reports
- Sorting and Grouping
- Mailing Labels
What is it like to learn with Happy?
Our facilitators make learning interactive and fun. In this video, Maureen delivers a session on Formulas and Functions in Excel at Happy's HQ in London.
Shirley Cole133 days ago
Well paced, informative and constructive tutor led exercises
The Small Print
The course will run from 10am to 4:45pm (hot buffet lunch 1pm to 1:45pm). Please be careful to arrive by 9:45am for registration and refreshments. The course will start precisely on time and it may not be possible to go back over material missed by late arrivals. If you arrive over 30 minutes late you may be asked to leave and attend another day.
Please ensure you read our Terms and Conditions before booking for our payment terms and cancellation policy.
The happy Guarantee
We want everyone to go away from our courses feeling as though they have learnt useful, practical skills that they can use straight away when they go back to work.
If you don’t feel that your training has been useful or if you are unhappy in any way, please get in touch with our Customer Services team within 30 days of the course. We will be happy to offer you additional support and training free of charge to help you to gain the skills you need, or if you’d prefer, a full refund.
Your post-course support package
- 2 years of free access to our IT Helpline
- Unlimited access - call or email our team as often as you need
- Ask about any content covered on your course
- Included in the price of our training sessions