Beginner Access Core Level 1
This two-day course is designed for anyone who has never used Access before. By the end of the course, you will be confident in using the essential features of Microsoft Access to create and alter simple, relational databases.
This course is only available for private bookings, either for groups or as a one-to-one, held online via Zoom or in the classroom. Please get in touch for availability.
What you will learn
By the end of this beginner two-day Access course, you will be able to:
- Understand what a database is for and when you need one
- Find and amend information
- Extract specific information from your database. For example, show only the organisations with more than 1000 employees
- Understand when you need more than one table in your database and create tables that link together
- Create a list of choices to choose from when keying in information
- Create a user friendly form to use for keying information in across different tables
- Create reports for the information you extract to provide professional looking output
- What is a Database
- What is Access
- Looking at a sample Database
- Working with Tables
- Finding and Changing Records in a Table
- Creating Queries and Using Criteria
- Editing your Query
- Database Design
- Introduction to Relationships
- Creating a New Database
- Creating and Editing Tables
- Lookup Fields
- More Table Design
- Relationships between Tables
- Creating Forms with the Form Wizard
- Editing Forms
- Main and Sub Forms
- Report Wizard
- Editing Reports
- Sorting and Grouping
- Mailing Labels
- Queries on more than one Table
This course can be delivered in the classroom or remotely via Zoom. Contact us for availability and pricing.
Group Learning Events
If you have three or more learners, a private group course could be cheaper.
We can tailor the content to your team, and host the training remotely, at your workplace or here at Happy's HQ in Aldgate, Central London.
What is it like to learn with Happy?
Our facilitators make learning interactive and fun. In this video, Maureen delivers a session on Formulas and Functions in Excel at Happy's HQ in London.
The Small Print
This course will run from 10am to 4:45pm (lunch is served 1pm to 1:45pm — we offer a choice of 3 cold bowl dishes) on both days. Please be careful to arrive by 9:45am for registration and refreshments. The course will start precisely on time and it may not be possible to go back over material missed by late arrivals. If you arrive over 30 minutes late you may be asked to leave and attend another day.
Please ensure you read our Terms and Conditions before booking for our payment terms and cancellation policy.
The happy Guarantee
We want everyone to go away from our courses feeling as though they have learnt useful, practical skills that they can use straight away when they go back to work.
If you don’t feel that your training has been useful or if you are unhappy in any way, please get in touch with our Customer Services team within 30 days of the course. We will be happy to offer you additional support and training free of charge to help you to gain the skills you need, or if you’d prefer, a full refund.
Due to current government guidelines we have temporarily closed our training centre in London. All of our staff are now working remotely, and all classroom training has been postponed until 29th May.
We have developed a fantastic range of interactive webinars delivered by our experienced facilitators, Live Online Learning. We understand that for many people this will be the first time that they have worked from home and so we have developed short 1.5-2 hour sessions to help you adjust to this new situation. You can see details of our IT Skills live online learning sessions here and our Personal Development sessions here – or we can adapt any of our classroom training into webinar format for you.
For the latest government guidance, please visit the gov.uk website.
We will continue to monitor the situation and will advise all clients if the situation changes.
If you have any questions or concerns, or would like to arrange some online training, our friendly team are available Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm. You can leave a message on 020 7375 7300 or email us at email@example.com.
Your post-course support package
- Included in the price of both online and classroom programmes
- 2 years of free access to our IT Helpline
- Unlimited access - call or email our team as often as you need
- Ask about any content covered on your course
Did you know...
...we also have a range of different level courses in Access?
After completing Core Level 1, why not move onto intermediate and advanced training. This will allow you to create more advanced queries and reports, as well as an automated database.
Intermediate Access: Queries and Reports for creating calculations and statistical information and improving the layout of your reports. Find out more.
Advanced Access Core Level 3 to become confident in creating a user-friendly and automated database. Find out more.