Advanced Access Core Level 3
This advanced level course is for you if you have used Access before to create a simple one to many relational database. By the end of this two-day course, you will be confident in creating a user-friendly and automated database.
What you will learn
In particular you will be able to:
- Create a many to many relationship
- Create a user friendly form based on a many to many relationship
- Create a list of choices for keying and viewing information
- Create a form with tabs on to view lots of information easily
- Create automated forms to run reports and queries
- Create a menu system for your database to make it more user friendly
- Use features like command buttons and macros to automate your forms
- Planning your Database
- Recap on One to Many Relationship
- Introduction to Many to Many Relationship
- Recap on Primary and Foreign Keys
- Creating a Many to Many Relationship and Query
- Hierarchy of Objects in an Access Database
- Creating Main and Sub Forms for use with Many to Many Relationships – from both sides
- Combo Boxes
- Field Properties
- Combo Boxes using more than one Field
- Combo Boxes to Find Records
- Command Buttons to View one Record in a Form
- Creating a Tab Control
- Adding Pages
- Changing Page Names
- Moving Pages
- Moving and Resizing Tab Controls
- Changing the Style
- Creating Macros for Command Buttons
- Creating Macros for Forms
- Creating a Report that Selects its Criteria from a Drop Down List
- Creating a Report that Selects its Criteria from two Text Boxes
- Creating a User Interface
- Starting your Database at an Opening Screen
- Compact & Repair
- Data Separation
- Setting a Password for your Database
Group Learning Events
If you have three or more learners, a private group course could be cheaper.
We can tailor the content to your team, and host the training at your workplace or here at Happy's HQ in Aldgate, Central London.
What is it like to learn with Happy?
Our facilitators make learning interactive and fun. In this video, Maureen delivers a session on Formulas and Functions in Excel at Happy's HQ in London.
Shirley Cole264 days ago
Well paced, informative and constructive tutor led exercises
The Small Print
This course will run from 10am to 4:45pm (lunch is served 1pm to 1:45pm — we offer a choice of 3 cold bowl dishes) on both days. Please be careful to arrive by 9:45am for registration and refreshments. The course will start precisely on time and it may not be possible to go back over material missed by late arrivals. If you arrive over 30 minutes late you may be asked to leave and attend another day.
Please ensure you read our Terms and Conditions before booking for our payment terms and cancellation policy.
The happy Guarantee
We want everyone to go away from our courses feeling as though they have learnt useful, practical skills that they can use straight away when they go back to work.
If you don’t feel that your training has been useful or if you are unhappy in any way, please get in touch with our Customer Services team within 30 days of the course. We will be happy to offer you additional support and training free of charge to help you to gain the skills you need, or if you’d prefer, a full refund.
Your post-course support package
- 2 years of free access to our IT Helpline
- Unlimited access - call or email our team as often as you need
- Ask about any content covered on your course
- Included in the price of our training sessions
Did you know...
...we also have a range of different level courses in Access?
These include beginner and intermediate courses for people who have either never used Access before or want to create more advanced queries and reports. There's also the one-day Fast Track Essentials course, designed for self taught Access users at a basic level.
Beginner Access Core Level 1 to enable you to create and alter simple, relational databases. Find out more.
Intermediate Access: Queries and Reports to enable you to create calculations and statistical information and improve the layout of your reports. Find out more.