Paul is a Learning Professional of the Year Finalist
We are very excited to announce that Paul Gapper is a Finalist for the Learning Professional of the Year at the 2017 Learning Awards.
The 2017 Learning Awards is an annual event hosted by the Learning and Performance Institute, recognising outstanding examples of high standards, best practice, innovation and excellence in Learning and Development.
Hi, we are Happy
We are leading a movement to create happy, empowered and productive workplaces.
How can we help you and your people to find joy in at least 80% of your work?
Paul is a Senior Facilitator and has been at Happy for over two years. His training ranges from personal development courses such as grammar, punctuation and effective writing skills, through to presentation skills, project management and our four-day Happy Workplace Leadership Programme. His training has had a material effect in changing the culture of organisations, creating workplaces based on trust and autonomy.
"People think of meditation as being about emptying your head or levitating," explains Paul. "But it's not about that. It can have real practical application in creating a more positive workplace where people can make the most of their energy to achieve the results they need."
Paul's evaluations this year tell clearly how happy and fulfilled his delegates are, with 99.1% rating him Good or Excellent on their overall verdict and 99.8% Good or Excellent on being a Supportive Trainer. Here are just a selection of comments from his recent training courses:
- "[liked] the way the experience was facilitated – absolutely dynamic!"
- "Good facilitator and dealt with potentially awkward situations very well. Made everyone feel relaxed."
- "[liked] the general human delivery of it."
- "I wasn't sure it was for me but the techniques did work. I have a full understanding of mindfulness now."
- "I came into this not knowing what to expect. But I'm gladly surprised and have learned a lot."
Read Paul's interview with the Learning and Performance Institute on the Learning Professional Network as part of their L&D Question Time to find out more about Paul.
You can also read some of Paul's blogs, written for Happy, below:
- Why Your Emotions are Like a Glitter Jar
- The Secret to Positive, Constructive Appraisals
- What do David Attenborough and Mindfulness Have in Common?, a short two-minute video of Paul's Mindfulness session at our 2016 Happy Workplaces Conference
Why not sign up to our newsletter?
Sign up to our monthly newsletter, full of tips, tricks and news to help you to be happier and more productive at work.
Resilience and Wellbeing
Learn more techniques in our Resilience and Wellbeing For Staff training course. This workshop is held over either a half day or a full day and will focus on the ten principles of resilience, creating breathing space, working with thinking, reflecting on physical wellbeing and creating inspiring goals. Find out more
You may also be interested in our five-day Mindfulness and Resilience Blitz held over five 15 minute sessions using Zoom and designed to enhance your mental wellbeing and enable you to stay resilient in times of challenge. Find out more