This one-day Mindfulness training course will introduce the concept of mindfulness and enable you to use simple practices for more creative and compassionate thinking in the workplace.
Public Sector Price£225*
Charity < 15 Staff£125*
Charity 16-30 Staff£175*
Charity 31+ Staff£225*
- *Excluding VAT
Class size12 approx.
This one-day Mindfulness workshop has been designed to give an introduction into Mindfulness - how to become more aware and 'present' of your personal surroundings, and to give you an opportunity to try a simple body scan.
What you will learn
- Introductions and personal objectives
- Learn about how our minds often operate in automatic pilot, creating habitual patterns of behaviour
- Try a simple body scan
- Look at how pleasant and unpleasant events such as stress and anger are experienced in the body and the effect it can have on your judgement.
- Understand the importance of the breath as an anchor for present experience, and participated in a mindful meditation.
- Understand the gap between thoughts, feeling, and behaviour; and the opportunity for choice.
- Try out an exercise in the development of compassion for self and others
- Learn a simple meditation exercise that can be used at any time
- Action plan beyond today
Philippa Russell121 days ago
Good training. Could have done with some actual roll play around chairing meetings and dealing with difficult situations
What's it like to learn with Happy?
We offer complete individual involvement and participation on all of our workshops. In this video, Nicky delivers a short session about the different Communication Styles, and how they affect the way you work with and manage others.
The Small Print
The course will run from 10am to 4:30pm (lunch is served 1pm to 1:45pm — we offer a choice of 3 cold bowl dishes). Please be careful to arrive by 9.45am for registration and refreshments. The course will start precisely on time and it may not be possible to go back over material missed by late arrivals. If you arrive over 30 minutes late you may be asked to leave and attend another day.
Please ensure you read our Terms and Conditions before booking for our payment terms and cancellation policy.
The happy Guarantee
We want everyone to go away from our courses feeling as though they have learnt useful, practical skills that they can use straight away when they go back to work.
If you don’t feel that your training has been useful or if you are unhappy in any way, please get in touch with our Customer Services team within 30 days of the course. We will be happy to offer you additional support and training free of charge to help you to gain the skills you need, or if you’d prefer, a full refund.