Becoming a Multiplier
Multipliers are hard-edged leaders and managers. They expect great things from their people and drive them to achieve extraordinary results. They understand that their role is to invest, to teach, and to coach.
Using the best thinking from the book, Multipliers: How the Best Leaders Make Everyone Smarter by Liz Wiseman, Happy’s Group Managing Director Cathy Busani will show you how to become a Multiplier of others.
Public Sector Price£395*
- *Excluding VAT
Class size12 approx.
In this one-day workshop, you will learn the best thinking from Liz Wiseman's book, and will learn how to become a multiplier of those in your team and others around you. This workshop will be most relevant to those who manage other members of staff, either in a direct line management role or in a director or leadership role.
What you will learn
Multipliers make everyone around them smarter…
Are you the sort of leader that creates genius everywhere and with everyone? Do you get 2 times more effort and intelligence from those in your team? Do you enable those around you to identify the problems and then fix them? Do you amplify the voice of others? Do you connect people with opportunities in order that they will make a real difference? Do you give support but never take away accountability? Do you create a safe space for people to bring their best thinking?
Using the best thinking from the book, Multipliers: How the Best Leaders Make Everyone Smarter by Liz Wiseman, this transformational one-day workshop will show you how to become a Multiplier of others.
You will learn how to create:
- High performing teams working to their strengths
- Greater trust and autonomy for your people
- A more engaged and motivated workforce
- High levels of accountability within the team, enabling them to deliver high quality on time
- Greater innovation and greater productivity
- Reflect on your tendencies as a leader
- Complete a self-assessment management behaviours questionnaire
- Understand the key messages in the multipliers book
Diminisher versus Multiplier
- Understand which leadership behaviours diminish others
- Learn the mindset and beliefs of multipliers
- Understand the multiplier roles in practice
- Learn about the 5 multiplier roles
- Reflect on your experience of diminishers and multipliers
- Understand the core assumptions of diminishers and multipliers
- Identify practical solutions for your people problems
- Self-evaluate your current thinking, actions and behaviours
- Reflect on practical actions to enhance your multiplier practices
- Reflect on a series of questions to enable you to take action and decide which next steps to prioritise
Our approach to programme delivery
Every programme is designed to ensure complete individual involvement and participation, it will stimulate your thinking and challenge you. The key focus is on practical skills and real outcomes throughout. The content will involve an innovative and engaging blend of activities so that you can directly apply it to your current performance and your future success.
Susan Bentley27 days ago
I liked that we got a book with the course. It was a small group so felt we were all able to contribute without worrying about speaking 'publicly'. The exercises were very relatable and definitely made me think about my actions in a different way
What's it like to learn with Happy?
Be involved, engaged and challenged in our leadership programmes. In this video, Happy's Managing Director, Cathy Busani, delivers a session on Google’s Project Oxygen and the qualities of a great manager.
The Small Print
The course will run from 10am to 4:30pm (hot buffet 1pm to 1:45pm). Please be careful to arrive by 9.45am for registration and refreshments. The course will start precisely on time and it may not be possible to go back over material missed by late arrivals. If you arrive over 30 minutes late you may be asked to leave and attend another day.
Please ensure you read our Terms and Conditions before booking for our payment terms and cancellation policy.
The Happy Guarantee
We want everyone to go away from our courses feeling as though they have learnt useful, practical skills that they can use straight away when they go back to work.
If you don’t feel that your training has been useful or if you are unhappy in any way, just get in touch with our Customer Services team within 30 days of the course. We will be happy to offer you additional support and training free of charge to help you to gain the skills you need, or if you’d prefer, a full refund.