Giving a Positive Constructive Appraisal
Learn how to confidently facilitate an appraisal meeting that leaves the appraisee feeling positive and empowered with this one-day training course.
As this is new to our programme, we are currently offering this one-day workshop at the special introductory price of £195 + VAT per person, or £95 + VAT per person for charities with less than 15 members of paid staff.
Public Sector Price£195*
Charity < 15 Staff£95*
Charity 16-30 Staff£195*
Charity 31+ Staff£195*
- *Excluding VAT
Class size12 approx.
This one-day workshop has been designed for anyone who has line management responsibilities for a team at work, including conducting appraisals. It is suitable for anyone who would like to conduct effective 1-to-1's with their team and help to develop their team.
- What empowers people to work at their best
- The five key elements of active listening
- How to use coaching questions to get the best out of your people
- The difference between constructive and destructive feedback
- The key steps to providing constructive and positive feedback clearly
- What stops you giving feedback and the impact this can have
- Preparing yourself to respond well to feedback from others
- Understand what is needed for a quality appraisal
- The benefits you gain as a manager when you appraise effectively
- The three key stages of an appraisal plus the benefits of each stage
- The importance of advance preparation
- Setting measurable short and long term objectives with clear accountabilities whilst maintaining your people’s sense of job ownership
- Personal action plan beyond the programme
Our approach to programme delivery
Every programme is designed to ensure complete individual involvement and participation, it will stimulate your thinking and challenge you. The key focus is on practical skills and real outcomes throughout. The content will involve an innovative and engaging blend of activities so that you can directly apply it to your current performance and your future success.
Susan Bentley6 days ago
I liked that we got a book with the course. It was a small group so felt we were all able to contribute without worrying about speaking 'publicly'. The exercises were very relatable and definitely made me think about my actions in a different way
Need help? Call us on020 7375 7300
What's it like to learn with Happy?
Be involved, engaged and challenged in our leadership programmes. In this video, Happy's Managing Director, Cathy Busani, delivers a session on Google’s Project Oxygen and the qualities of a great manager.
The Small Print
The course will run from 10am to 4:30pm (hot buffet 1pm to 1:45pm). Please be careful to arrive by 9.45am for registration and refreshments. The course will start precisely on time and it may not be possible to go back over material missed by late arrivals. If you arrive over 30 minutes late you may be asked to leave and attend another day.
Please ensure you read our Terms and Conditions before booking for our payment terms and cancellation policy.
The Happy Guarantee
We want everyone to go away from our courses feeling as though they have learnt useful, practical skills that they can use straight away when they go back to work.
If you don’t feel that your training has been useful or if you are unhappy in any way, just get in touch with our Customer Services team within 30 days of the course. We will be happy to offer you additional support and training free of charge to help you to gain the skills you need, or if you’d prefer, a full refund.