The Best Business Books of 2017
Last month, I asked in my newsletter and on LinkedIn for your favourite business reads of 2017.
Many thanks for your responses – here they are:
- Darla Fain-Reed: No Ego: How Leaders Can Cut Drama, End Entitlement, and Drive Big Results by Cy Wakeman
- Kristi Adams: Mine is What Got You Here Won’t Get You There by Dr Marshall Goldsmith
- Peter Whent: Start with Why by Simon Sinek
- Esther van Hout: How to Have a Good Day by Caroline Webb. She uses recent research from behavioral economics, psychology and neuroscience and explains how you can use this to improve the quality of life at work. Very practical and enjoyable read!
- Neil Dew-Gosling: Black Box Thinking by Matthew Syed. Fascinating and thought provoking.
- David van Valenburg: Turn the Ship Around by L. David Marquet, Drive by Daniel Pink and the Decision Maker by Dennis Bakke.
And mine were:
- Radical Candour by Kim Scott: The power of honest feedback
- Exponential Organisations by Michael Malone, Salim Ismail, & Yuri van Geest: How to be 10x better, faster & cheaper
- Leading with Happiness by Alex Kjerulf: Common sense on creating happy workplaces
- A Simple Act of Gratitude by John Kralik: The power of saying thank you
- An Everyone Culture by Andy Fleming et al: DDOs (Deliberately developmental organisations)
Favourites from previous years include Work Rules by Laszlo Bock (the inside story on how Google manages people), Reinventing Organisations by Frederick Laloux (inspirational “teal” self-managing organisations) and Multipliers by Liz Wiseman (how to be a truly great manager).
I’m now reading Fire and Fury, though not expecting to get many business lessons from it!
Are there any books we missed? Which of the business books on this list are you going to try?
Hi, we are Happy
We are leading a movement to create happy, empowered and productive workplaces.
How can we help you and your team to find joy in at least 80% of your work?
Why choose Happy?
- Award-winning learner-focused approach
- Small class sizes to give personal one-to-one support
- Two years of free support after your course
- Private group options available
- No quibble money-back guarantee on all courses
Barbara Wilson69 days ago
The course was very informative and easy to pick up tips on how to minute take.