18-Month Development Programme for Change Agents
Do you or your organisation want to bring about change in society?
Happy is working with Democracy Matters to create a tailor-made 18-month Campaigning Apprenticeship, available at Level 3, 5 or 5+.
The programme is available at little or no additional cost, funded through the government's Apprenticeship Levy or co-investment schemes.
Who is this programme for?
Staff who want to develop high-level influencing skills to bring about change in any sector. This will be particularly relevant for:
- Policy officer in a charity, local government, public service, trades union or think-tank
- Advocacy staff, campaigners and lobbyists in any sector
- Assistant, special adviser or researcher for an MP, local councillor or other elected post
- Corporate social responsibility (CSR) manager in a company, public utility or service
- Community, outreach or youth worker with a brief to engage and empower people
People who join this programme:
- Want to make a difference in the world
- Can commit to six to eight hours of learning a week (on average) over 18 months
- Can use new knowledge and skills for change in their work
- Have support from their employer and line manager
Discover new tools, views and opportunities to make a difference in the world
- Learn practical skills — All areas of the programme are linked to your organisations' priorities
- Three levels available depending on your experience — Choose between a Level 3 or a Level 5 programme, or learn how to train others with our 5+ programme.
- Little or no additional cost to your organisation — This programme is funded through the Apprenticeship Levy or can be 90% funded through the government's co-investment scheme.
- No age limit — Suitable for existing staff of any age and from any sector.
- Earn a recognised qualification — The final qualification is the Campaigning Apprenticeship at either Level 3 or Level 5. You will also receive a Leadership and Management Diploma from the Institute of Leadership and Management (ILM).
Not what you're looking for?
Looking to develop your more experienced managers? We also offer a Level 5 Development Programme for established managers and department managers.
Looking for training over a shorter period? This programme is an extension of our four-day Happy Workplace Leadership Programme. This programme takes place over four days across six months. However, this programme cannot be funded under the Apprenticeship Levy.