Level 5 Development Programme for Experienced Managers
Happy has developed a Level 5 programme for experienced managers who want to become modern, empowering leaders. After completing the programme, you will understand when people work at their best and how to enable that. It is based around the principles of the Happy Manifesto and our flagship Happy Workplace Leadership Programme.
The whole programme is available at little or no additional cost, funded through the government's Apprenticeship Levy or co-investment schemes.
Contact us for more information and to secure your place on our next public programme.
Who is this programme for?
This Level 5 programme has been developed for more experienced managers and heads of department who want to learn how to become empowering, modern leaders.
Develop a leadership team that inspires trust
- Government-funded — Available at little or no additional cost to your organisation through the Apprenticeship Levy, or through the co-investment scheme for smaller organisations.
- High quality training at a low cost — The full cost of the programme with 20 monthly classroom sessions is just £7,000 per person. Non-Levy payers are 95% funded through the government's co-investment scheme so the whole programme is just £350 (plus a £60 registration fee for the Institute of Leadership).
- Learn Happy management principles — Create high performing departments made up of trusted and empowered teams.
- Network with other leaders — Meet and network with your fellow leaders, with the opportunity to share ideas, celebrate achievements and give and offer support to others.
- Existing staff can enrol too — The programme is open to your existing experienced managers and heads of department of any age.
- Receive a recognised qualification — The final qualification is the Level 5 Operations/Departmental Manager Trailblazer Apprenticeship. You will also receive a Level 5 Diploma from the Institute of Leadership.
Our next available dates
Our next public programme will begin in April 2024, with workshops being held remotely through Zoom. This is your induction, where you and your line manager will meet your facilitator and other learners, with workshops beginning one month later. Contact us to find out more and for dates of all of the online sessions.
If you would like a private group programme for your organisation, please get in touch with our team to discuss the available options, pricing and availability. These can be held anywhere in the UK, at Happy or at your workplace, or online.
Unison: Why consider the Level 5 apprenticeship?
15 members of staff at Unison have now completed Happy's Level 5 Leadership apprenticeship programme. In this short video, Unison's staff explain how the programme has benefitted them in their role and about their experience.
Join our free 1 hour taster session
Learn more about our Level 3, 5 and 7 programmes, ask questions and experience the style and interactive approach of the programme with our free 1 hour taster session.
Join us next on 25th January or 6th March.
Not what you're looking for?
Looking to develop your new or aspiring managers? We also offer a Level 3 Management Development Programme for junior and first-time managers.
Looking for a more advanced programme? We now offer a Level 7 Senior Leadership programme, equivalent to a 'Happy MBA'.
Looking for training over a shorter period? This programme is an extension of our four-day Happy Workplace Leadership Programme. This programme takes place over four days across six months. However, this programme cannot be funded under the Apprenticeship Levy. Learn more