Level 5 Development Programme for Experienced Managers
Happy has developed a Level 5 programme for experienced managers who want to become modern, empowering leaders. After completing the programme, you will understand when people work at their best and how to enable that. It is based around the principles of the Happy Manifesto and our flagship Happy Workplace Leadership Programme.
The whole programme is available at little or no additional cost, funded through the government's Apprenticeship Levy or co-investment schemes.
Contact us for more information and to secure your place on our next public programme.
Who is this programme for?
This Level 5 programme has been developed for more experienced managers and heads of department who want to learn how to become empowering, modern leaders.
Develop a leadership team that inspires trust
- Government-funded — Available at little or no additional cost to your organisation through the Apprenticeship Levy, or through the co-investment scheme for smaller organisations.
- High quality training at a low cost — The full cost of the programme with 20 monthly classroom sessions is just £7,000 per person. Non-Levy payers are 95% funded through the government's co-investment scheme so the whole programme is just £350 (plus a £184 ILM registration fee).
- Learn Happy management principles — Create high performing departments made up of trusted and empowered teams.
- Network with other leaders — Meet and network with your fellow leaders, with the opportunity to share ideas, celebrate achievements and give and offer support to others.
- Existing staff can enrol too — The programme is open to your existing experienced managers and heads of department of any age.
- Receive a recognised qualification — The final qualification is the Level 5 Operations/Departmental Manager Trailblazer Apprenticeship. You will also receive a Level 5 Diploma from the ILM.
Our Next Available Dates
Our next public programme starts on 15th November. Please contact our friendly team for full details and the full list of upcoming dates.
If you would like a private group programme for your organisation, please get in touch with our team to discuss the available options, pricing and availability. These can be held anywhere in the UK, at Happy or at your workplace.
This programme is an extension of our four-day Happy Workplace Leadership Programme. Here is just some of the feedback we have received from clients for the four-day programme:
Thank you for a truly inspirational course. I have been to a few management courses and none has had the impact on me that your course has, from simply how I was treated on arriving at the first day to all four days of excellently crafted training. On a course you learn so much from your peers and your course captures this effortlessly. Each subject is taught with care thought and precision, but also with fun! What we have learnt will stay with us for a life time.Ian Hawthorn, Head of Service, Highway Maintenance and Projects, London Borough of Hammersmith & Fulham
Happy seems to be centuries ahead in leadership, how people can be best supported to work at their best. The story is inspirational but what is even more inspirational is their ability to share this knowledge so that their mantra of Happy can be experienced.Marcia Roswell-Joseph, School for Social Entrepreneurs
Not what you're looking for?
Looking to develop your new or aspiring managers? We also offer a Level 3 Management Development Programme for junior and first-time managers.
Looking for a more advanced programme? We now offer a Level 7 Senior Leadership programme, equivalent to a 'Happy MBA'.
Looking for training over a shorter period? This programme is an extension of our four-day Happy Workplace Leadership Programme. This programme takes place over four days across six months. However, this programme cannot be funded under the Apprenticeship Levy. Learn more