Level 3 Development Programme for First-Time Managers
Happy has developed a Level 3 Team Leader/Supervisor Apprenticeship scheme with a difference. Our programme has been designed for new and junior managers to learn how to create teams based on trust and empowerment. It is based around the principles of the Happy Manifesto and our flagship Happy Workplace Leadership Programme.
The whole programme is available at little or no additional cost, funded through the government's Apprenticeship Levy or co-investment schemes.
Places are limited so do get in touch for more details of our next public programme.
Who is this programme for?
This programme has been designed for those in first line management roles with responsibility for managing operations, projects, or a team. It is the perfect programme for newly appointed managers, or experienced managers looking for formal training and support in their role. It is also suitable for supervisors and team leaders.
Give your new or junior managers the support they need to succeed
- Government-funded — Available at little or no additional cost to your organisation through the Apprenticeship Levy, or through the co-investment scheme for smaller organisations.
- High quality training at a low cost — The full cost of the programme with 14 monthly classroom sessions is £4,500 per person. Non-Levy payers are 95% funded through the government's co-investment scheme so the whole programme is just £225 (plus a £164 ILM registration fee).
- Learn Happy management principles — Create a high-trust, high performing workplace with managers that coach their staff to do their best.
- Network with other new managers — Meet and network with your fellow apprentices, with the opportunity to share ideas, celebrate achievements and give and offer support to others.
- Existing staff can enrol too — Not just for young people. The programme is open to existing staff of any age.
- Receive a recognised qualification — The final qualification is the Level 3 Team Leader / Supervisor Trailblazer Apprenticeship. You will also receive a Level 3 Diploma for Managers from the ILM.
Our Next Available Dates
Our next public programme begins on 25th October, with workshops being temporarily held remotely through Zoom. This is your induction, where you and your line manager will meet your facilitator and other learners, with workshops beginning one month later. Contact us to find out more and for dates of all of the online sessions.
If you would like a private group programme for your organisation, please get in touch with our team to discuss the available options, pricing and availability. These can be held anywhere in the UK, at Happy or at your workplace.
Thank you for a truly inspirational course. I have been to a few management courses and none has had the impact on me that your course has, from simply how I was treated on arriving at the first day to all four days of excellently crafted training. On a course you learn so much from your peers and your course captures this effortlessly. Each subject is taught with care thought and precision, but also with fun! What we have learnt will stay with us for a life time. Ian Hawthorn, Head of Service, Highway Maintenance and Projects, London Borough of Hammersmith & Fulham
Happy seems to be centuries ahead in leadership, how people can be best supported to work at their best. The story is inspirational but what is even more inspirational is their ability to share this knowledge so that their mantra of Happy can be experienced.Marcia Roswell-Joseph, School for Social Entrepreneurs
Not what you're looking for?
Looking to develop your more experienced managers? We also offer a Level 5 Development Programme for established managers and department managers, and a Level 7 Senior Leaders Programme (the equivalent of a 'Happy MBA').
Looking for training over a shorter period? This programme is an extension of our four-day Happy Workplace Leadership Programme. This programme takes place over four days across six months. However, this programme cannot be funded under the Apprenticeship Levy. Learn more