Excel Hints & Tips – More Pivot Perfection
Learn how to get your Pivot Table to put your filtered data on different sheets in Excel.
I think we’ve all declared our love of Pivot Tables haven’t we? If you’re still undecided let us offer you another inducement.
In the screenshot below we’ve created a Pivot Table from our staff database. We’ve created this because we want to be able to see all the staff Salaries and Bonuses by department. We could have put the department field in the row labels area but ideally we’d like each department on a different sheet so that we can send the results to each department head.
So for now we’ve put Department in the Report Filter area of the Pivot Table.
The next step is to get the Pivot Table to place the filtered data onto new sheets, and this is just too easy…
1. Go to the Options tab of the Pivot Table tools tab on the ribbon
2. Click on the options drop down
3. Click Show Report Filter Pages
4. If you have more than one field in the Report Filter area of your Pivot Table, make sure you select the correct one!
5. Click OK – and that’s it!
A new sheet has been created for each department, has been named and has got the correct data on!
Hi, we are Happy
We are leading a movement to create happy, empowered and productive workplaces.
How can we help you and your team to find joy in at least 80% of your work?
Why choose Happy?
- Award-winning learner-focused approach
- Small class sizes to give personal one-to-one support
- Two years of free support after your course
- Private group options available
- No quibble money-back guarantee on all courses
Alvarey Burke1 day ago
Want to learn more?
Check out our one-day intensive Excel course to learn more about Pivot Tables and how they can save you time at work – Excel Pivot Tables: From Data to Dashboard. It is next running at Happy's HQ in Central London on 5th July 2019.
Or click through to our IT courses and training page to view all of our Excel courses. Alternatively, if you have three or more learners or if you would like to discuss our customised course options, contact our friendly team for our upcoming availability or call 020 7375 7300.