Focus on what matters by using the new @Mentions feature in Microsoft Outlook 2016.
How do you get someone’s attention? Today, we are being drowned with a lot more email messages competing for our attention in our inbox. Focus on what matters most using this cool tool – @Mentions. It quickly alerts you and other team members to action tasks through email.
- Create a new email
- Type the @ symbol anywhere in the body of your email (email list appears- Wow!)
- Type the person’s name
- Select the who you want to address from the email list that pops up
- Click send
The @symbol appears on the message list for emails in which you’ve been mentioned, like this:
The person’s name you address becomes highlighted in the message in blue. This helps them know they are being asked to action tasks through email, like this:
Benefits of using @Mentions
- Helps focus on what needs your attention.
- Before an email is opened you can see at a glance which email requires your action.
- Outlook has added a filter to enable you sort by only messages you’ve been mentioned in.
- Your highlighted name in blue allows you quickly see where exactly your attention is needed in the body of the email.
- If the person isn’t part of the email conversation already, they will automatically be added so they receive a copy of your email.
- The preview text is updated. You’ll no longer see a preview of the first few words of the email. Instead, Outlook shows a preview of the text immediately following your mention.
Want to learn more?
Our Outlook 2016 courses covers this and lots of other features that help you collaborate and manage your emails more effectively. Upcoming dates are as follows:
- Outlook 2013/2016 Core Level 1: 10th October, 15th December
- Outlook 2013/2016 Core Level 2: 6th December
Alternatively, if you have three or more learners or if you would like to discuss our customised course options, contact our friendly team for our upcoming availability.