Happy has developed an all-new Level 3 Apprenticeship programme for first-time and junior managers, supervisors or team leaders, based on Happy’s management principles and the Happy Workplace Leadership programme.
This 14-month programme can be funded in full by the Apprenticeship Levy, or can be 90% funded by the government’s ‘co-investment’ scheme if you do not pay the Levy — making this incredibly affordable training, at little or no additional cost. It also does not need to be for new staff, or just for young people — this scheme is open to your existing staff of any age.
Your first-time managers will learn how to create high-performing, high-trust workplaces, and how to coach their teams to help them perform at their best. Plus, they will learn essential management skills, including project management, finance management, presentation and report writing, and effective time management.
If managers still play a more traditional role in your organisation, based on command and control, then this programme is not for you. Instead, this programme is based on ideas of trust and freedom, of creating empowerment and innovation – and seeing the role of the manager to coach your people to be their best.
Our next available dates
Our next cohort will be starting on Friday 1st March, with monthly classroom dates held at Happy in London.
If you would like a private group programme for your organisation, please get in touch with our team to discuss the available options, pricing and availability. These can be held anywhere in the UK, at Happy or at your workplace.
Who is this programme for?
This programme has been designed for those aspiring to manage or who have just started to manage a team and want some more formal training and support. It is also suitable for supervisors and team leaders.
Looking to develop your more experienced managers? We also offer a Level 5 Development Programme for established managers and department managers – click here to learn more.
Looking for training over a shorter period? This programme is an extension of our four-day Happy Workplace Leadership Programme. This programme takes place over four days across six months. However, this programme cannot be funded under the Apprenticeship Levy. Click here to learn more.
What are the benefits?
- No age limit — not just for young people
- Doesn’t need to be new staff, existing staff can enrol too
- Give your first-time managers the skills and support they need to succeed in their new role
- Learn Happy management principles: a high-trust, high-performance and happy workplace, with managers that coach their staff to do their best and celebrate their mistakes
- Monthly classroom sessions meaning little time away from the office, with direct support online and over the phone
- An online support group for Apprentices to discuss and share new ideas, give and offer support, and network with others on the scheme
- Government-funded — little or no cost to your organisation
- Plus – all of the delegates on this programme will receive our exclusive Happy Planner and Learning Journal – an A5 leather-look planner, with daily, weekly and monthly pages for you to plan, reflect and celebrate. It also has space to reflect on your goals, achievements, important lessons and how you can challenge yourself to do even better.
How much does it cost?
The actual cost of the programme is £5,000 per person, but it can be entirely funded by the Apprenticeship Levy for large organisations.
- Organisations with a payroll over £3 million a year can use their Apprenticeship Levy to pay for the Apprenticeship in full.
- Organisations with a payroll under £3 million a year will share the cost of the Apprenticeship with the government’s ‘co-investment’ funding, with the government paying 90% of the cost
We can talk you through how it works and how to apply for the scheme on enrolment.
Assessment and qualification
The final qualification is the Level 3 Team Leader / Supervisor Trailblazer Apprenticeship. The programme is assessed through one classroom session per month for a year, with work in between to complete including 20% learning time outside of work. This is assessed through a portfolio created throughout the year, and a final assessment which may include an online exam, a presentation and an interview at the end of the year.
You will also receive a Level 3 Diploma for Managers from the Institute of Leadership and Management.