Introduction to Project Management
This two-day Project Management training course provides a valuable introduction to effective project management from developing the original project idea to writing the final project report. It includes a range of practical project planning and management tools and provides a handy guide to the ‘jargon’.
Public Sector Price£890*
Charity < 15 Staff£490*
Charity 16-30 Staff£690*
Charity 31+ Staff£890*
- *Excluding VAT
Class size12 approx.
This two-day Project Management course is designed to give an introduction to project management, from developing the original project idea to writing the final project report. It is for anyone who is new to project management or would like more formal training in this area.
What you will learn
- To know the principal phases of a project, including definition, planning, implementation and completion
- To understand project team roles
- To understand the role and functions of a project manager
- To use a range of techniques and tools to plan, monitor and control the project
- To understand a range of project monitoring and evaluation methods.
- To enable you to collect the information and evidence to show how your project has succeeded in meeting its aims and objectives
- The phases of the project life cycle
- Managing the critical dimensions of quality, cost and time
- Involving service-users and other stakeholders
- Using a range of project management tools including:
- Work breakdown schedules
- Task dependencies
- Gantt charts
- Network diagramming
- Risk analysis
- Skills and responsibility matrices
- Project leadership, team roles and communication
- Project completion and reporting
The Small Print
Each day of the course will run from 10am to 4:30pm (lunch is served 1pm to 1:45pm — we offer a choice of 3 cold bowl dishes). Please be careful to arrive by 9.45am for registration and refreshments. The course will start precisely on time and it may not be possible to go back over material missed by late arrivals. If you arrive over 30 minutes late you may be asked to leave and attend another day.
Please ensure you read our Terms and Conditions before booking for our payment terms and cancellation policy.
The happy Guarantee
We want everyone to go away from our courses feeling as though they have learnt useful, practical skills that they can use straight away when they go back to work.
If you don’t feel that your training has been useful or if you are unhappy in any way, please get in touch with our Customer Services team within 30 days of the course. We will be happy to offer you additional support and training free of charge to help you to gain the skills you need, or if you’d prefer, a full refund.