Managing Conflict at Work
The working environment can frequently resemble a war-zone; conflict can arise between individuals, within and between teams and within the larger organisation. This Conflict Resolution training course will consider the causes of conflict and consider practical skills to enable you to act as a mediator between others and also to cope with conflict directed at (or coming from) yourself.
Public Sector Price£445*
Charity < 15 Staff£245*
Charity 16-30 Staff£345*
Charity 31+ Staff£445*
- *Excluding VAT
Class size12 approx.
This Conflict Resolution workshop will consider the causes of conflict and consider practical skills to enable you to act as a mediator between others and also to cope with conflict directed at (or coming from) yourself.
What You Will Learn
- To be able to defuse and resolve existing conflict
- To empower staff to deal with conflict issues
- To recognise your role/responsibility in conflict situations
- To be able to act as an effective mediator
- Resolving conflict: between individuals and within teams, between staff and management, and between organisation and management committees
- Types of conflict: Suppressed conflict, open conflict, and procedural conflict (grievances)
- The reasons for conflict: Different styles of working, lack of job ownership, ineffective communication, lack of common goals
- Dealing with conflict: Active listening, understanding both sides, focusing on the issues rather than people, trying to find consensus
- Preventing future conflict: Open communication, mediation structures, developing relationships, empowering staff to solve problems.
Trusted Customer21 days ago
Would have liked to have more pratical excercises
Need help? Call us on020 7375 7300
Group Learning Events
If you have five or more learners, a private group event could be cheaper.
We can tailor the content to your team, and host the workshop inhouse at your workplace or here at Happy's HQ in Aldgate, Central London.
What's it like to learn with Happy?
We offer complete individual involvement and participation on all of our workshops. In this video, Nicky delivers a short session about the different Communication Styles, and how they affect the way you work with and manage others.
The Small Print
The course will run from 10am to 4:30pm (lunch is served 1pm to 1:45pm — we offer a choice of 3 cold bowl dishes). Please be careful to arrive by 9.45am for registration and refreshments. The course will start precisely on time and it may not be possible to go back over material missed by late arrivals. If you arrive over 30 minutes late you may be asked to leave and attend another day.
Please ensure you read our Terms and Conditions before booking for our payment terms and cancellation policy.
The happy Guarantee
We want everyone to go away from our courses feeling as though they have learnt useful, practical skills that they can use straight away when they go back to work.
If you don’t feel that your training has been useful or if you are unhappy in any way, please get in touch with our Customer Services team within 30 days of the course. We will be happy to offer you additional support and training free of charge to help you to gain the skills you need, or if you’d prefer, a full refund.
Did you know...
...repeating back key points to people lets them know they've been heard without signalling agreement?
This is also a useful way to ensure that you understand what you’re hearing. Try to repeat back the core details of what the other person has said and ask questions if you’re unsure about certain details.
Happy offers a range of other personal development programmes, including:
Managing Poor Performance to enable you to effectively and positively manage your team’s performance in order to develop the skills and strengths of each individual. Find out more
Managing Change Positively to give you the tools to support your team through change and a clear understanding of how to involve people. Find out more