Managing Poor Performance
This comprehensive one-day workshop will enhance your ability to effectively and positively manage your team’s performance in order to develop the skills and strengths of each individual.
This workshop is currently available online as Face-to-Face Live Online Learning using Zoom for public bookings. We are able to offer classroom sessions for private bookings only — please get in touch for availability.
- Understand the benefits and importance of managing performance effectively and the consequences if you don’t
- Understand how the performance management cycle should work
- Discover what makes people perform at their best
- Understand the Job Ownership model and what needs to be in place for people to take responsibility
- Use a situational approach to identify the root cause of poor performance
- Create your own plan for individuals based on their situation
- Use listening and coaching skills to ensure that you understand the other person and to encourage them to take responsibility
- Identify the key steps needed for regular, constructive feedback to be effective and motivating
- Planning effective, regular one-to-one’s
- Identify what needs recording and what doesn’t
- Identify how appraisals and development planning contribute to a person’s success
- Discuss how to handle tricky appraisals
- Identify how to set measurable and effective short and long-term objectives with clear accountabilities
- Personal action plan beyond the programme
Roger Dawson8 days ago
Need help? Call us on020 7375 7300
Group Learning Events
Looking for a private group event for your team, or even your whole organisation?
We can organise a date that works for you, and we can tailor the content to your team. Our private workshops can be held online, inhouse at your workplace or here at Happy's HQ in Aldgate, Central London (following current government guidelines).
What's it like to learn with Happy?
Be involved, engaged and challenged in our leadership programmes. In this video, Happy's Managing Director, Cathy Busani, delivers a session on Google’s Project Oxygen and the qualities of a great manager.
The Small Print
The course will run from 10am to 4:30pm (lunch is served 1pm to 1:45pm — we offer a choice of 3 cold bowl dishes). Please be careful to arrive by 9.45am for registration and refreshments. The course will start precisely on time and it may not be possible to go back over material missed by late arrivals. If you arrive over 30 minutes late you may be asked to leave and attend another day.
Please ensure you read our Terms and Conditions before booking for our payment terms and cancellation policy.
The happy Guarantee
We want everyone to go away from our courses feeling as though they have learnt useful, practical skills that they can use straight away when they go back to work.
If you don’t feel that your training has been useful or if you are unhappy in any way, please get in touch with our Customer Services team within 30 days of the course. We will be happy to offer you additional support and training free of charge to help you to gain the skills you need, or if you’d prefer, a full refund.
Due to COVID-19, our public programme is currently only being held online through our Face-to-Face Live Online learning sessions. However, we are now able to offer classroom training sessions for private bookings. Please get in touch for more information, pricing and availability.
For the latest government guidance, please visit the gov.uk website.
We will continue to monitor the situation and will advise all clients if the situation changes.
If you have any questions or concerns, or would like to arrange some online training, our friendly team are available Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm. You can leave a message on 020 7375 7300 or email us at email@example.com.
Did you know...
...when approached in the right way, poor performers will often come up with their own solutions?
The key is to make them feel valued and listened to. The motivation to improve performance is more likely to surface when someone feels a strong connection to their workplace and colleagues.
Happy offers a number of other leadership and management programmes, including:
Becoming a Multiplier to enable you to inspire great performances from your people and drive extraordinary results. Find out more
Managing Change Positively to enable you to support your team through change and provide a clear understanding of how to involve people. Find out more