Managing Poor Performance
This comprehensive one-day workshop will enhance your ability to effectively and positively manage your team’s performance in order to develop the skills and strengths of each individual.
This course can be delivered in the classroom or remotely via Zoom. Contact us for availability and pricing, or see our Live Online Learning page for our interactive two-hour and full-day online sessions that cover specific Leadership and Personal Development skills such as managing remote teams, hosting engaging remote meetings, using Zoom, and more.
- Understand the benefits and importance of managing performance effectively and the consequences if you don’t
- Understand how the performance management cycle should work
- Discover what makes people perform at their best
- Understand the Job Ownership model and what needs to be in place for people to take responsibility
- Use a situational approach to identify the root cause of poor performance
- Create your own plan for individuals based on their situation
- Use listening and coaching skills to ensure that you understand the other person and to encourage them to take responsibility
- Identify the key steps needed for regular, constructive feedback to be effective and motivating
- Planning effective, regular one-to-one’s
- Identify what needs recording and what doesn’t
- Identify how appraisals and development planning contribute to a person’s success
- Discuss how to handle tricky appraisals
- Identify how to set measurable and effective short and long-term objectives with clear accountabilities
- Personal action plan beyond the programme
Rachel Airlie39 days ago
Need help? Call us on020 7375 7300
Group Learning Events
If you have five or more learners, a private group event could be cheaper.
We can tailor the content to your team, and host the workshop online, inhouse at your workplace or here at Happy's HQ in Aldgate, Central London.
What's it like to learn with Happy?
Be involved, engaged and challenged in our leadership programmes. In this video, Happy's Managing Director, Cathy Busani, delivers a session on Google’s Project Oxygen and the qualities of a great manager.
The Small Print
The course will run from 10am to 4:30pm (lunch is served 1pm to 1:45pm — we offer a choice of 3 cold bowl dishes). Please be careful to arrive by 9.45am for registration and refreshments. The course will start precisely on time and it may not be possible to go back over material missed by late arrivals. If you arrive over 30 minutes late you may be asked to leave and attend another day.
Please ensure you read our Terms and Conditions before booking for our payment terms and cancellation policy.
The happy Guarantee
We want everyone to go away from our courses feeling as though they have learnt useful, practical skills that they can use straight away when they go back to work.
If you don’t feel that your training has been useful or if you are unhappy in any way, please get in touch with our Customer Services team within 30 days of the course. We will be happy to offer you additional support and training free of charge to help you to gain the skills you need, or if you’d prefer, a full refund.
Due to current government guidelines we have temporarily closed our training centre in London. All of our staff are now working remotely, and all classroom training has been postponed until 29th May.
We have developed a fantastic range of interactive webinars delivered by our experienced facilitators, Live Online Learning. We understand that for many people this will be the first time that they have worked from home and so we have developed short 1.5-2 hour sessions to help you adjust to this new situation. You can see details of our IT Skills live online learning sessions here and our Personal Development sessions here – or we can adapt any of our classroom training into webinar format for you.
For the latest government guidance, please visit the gov.uk website.
We will continue to monitor the situation and will advise all clients if the situation changes.
If you have any questions or concerns, or would like to arrange some online training, our friendly team are available Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm. You can leave a message on 020 7375 7300 or email us at email@example.com.
Did you know...
...when approached in the right way, poor performers will often come up with their own solutions?
The key is to make them feel valued and listened to. The motivation to improve performance is more likely to surface when someone feels a strong connection to their workplace and colleagues.
Happy offers a number of other leadership and management programmes, including:
Becoming a Multiplier to enable you to inspire great performances from your people and drive extraordinary results. Find out more
Managing Change Positively to enable you to support your team through change and provide a clear understanding of how to involve people. Find out more