Managing Poor Performance
This comprehensive one-day workshop will enhance your ability to effectively and positively manage your team’s performance in order to develop the skills and strengths of each individual.
Public Sector Price£395*
- *Excluding VAT
Class size12 approx.
This comprehensive one-day course has been designed for anyone who is responsible for directly managing teams, and is responsible for their performance management. It is also suitable for anyone who currently has concerns about members of their team and wants to help them to succeed in their role, with effective one-to-ones, constructive feedback and appraisals.
- Understand the benefits and importance of managing performance effectively and the consequences if you don’t
- Understand how the performance management cycle should work
- Discover what makes people perform at their best
- Understand the Job Ownership model and what needs to be in place for people to take responsibility
- Use a situational approach to identify the root cause of poor performance
- Create your own plan for individuals based on their situation
- Use listening and coaching skills to ensure that you understand the other person and to encourage them to take responsibility
- Identify the key steps needed for regular, constructive feedback to be effective and motivating
- Planning effective, regular one-to-one’s
- Identify what needs recording and what doesn’t
- Identify how appraisals and development planning contribute to a person’s success
- Discuss how to handle tricky appraisals
- Identify how to set measurable and effective short and long-term objectives with clear accountabilities
- Personal action plan beyond the programme
Susan Bentley30 days ago
I liked that we got a book with the course. It was a small group so felt we were all able to contribute without worrying about speaking 'publicly'. The exercises were very relatable and definitely made me think about my actions in a different way
Need help? Call us on020 7375 7300
What's it like to learn with Happy?
Be involved, engaged and challenged in our leadership programmes. In this video, Happy's Managing Director, Cathy Busani, delivers a session on Google’s Project Oxygen and the qualities of a great manager.
The Small Print
The course will run from 10am to 4:30pm (hot buffet 1pm to 1:45pm). Please be careful to arrive by 9.45am for registration and refreshments. The course will start precisely on time and it may not be possible to go back over material missed by late arrivals. If you arrive over 30 minutes late you may be asked to leave and attend another day.
Please ensure you read our Terms and Conditions before booking for our payment terms and cancellation policy.
The Happy Guarantee
We want everyone to go away from our courses feeling as though they have learnt useful, practical skills that they can use straight away when they go back to work.
If you don’t feel that your training has been useful or if you are unhappy in any way, just get in touch with our Customer Services team within 30 days of the course. We will be happy to offer you additional support and training free of charge to help you to gain the skills you need, or if you’d prefer, a full refund.