Effective Time Management
This one-day time management training course explores the need for reflection, planning, organising, setting goals and responding to day-to-day activities and demands. It also looks at deciding which activities that give you the biggest return at work and in life. You will consider what methods of time management are possible in your situation and learn how to make time management a daily practice.
Public Sector Price£225*
Charity < 15 Staff£125*
Charity 16-30 Staff£175*
Charity 31+ Staff£225*
- *Excluding VAT
Class size12 approx.
This one-day course has been designed for anyone who wants to improve their approach to managing their time, and wants to learn new techniques to make the most out of their day.
What You Will Learn
This course has recently been updated in line with the latest ideas and time management techniques – so you have more time for the things you really want to do.
- To identify what you already do well and could do differently
- To prioritise: strategies for deciding what will give you the biggest return at work and at home
- The importance of taking time to reflect
- Tips for working with telephone calls and handling email like a millionaire
- How to have more productive meetings
- The importance of valuing yourself and how to say no
- Tips for delegation
- Dan Pink’s ‘When?’ Are you a lark, an owl or a third bird?
- How to work with procrastination
- Principles of time management
- Identifying your values and priorities
- How to decide what is urgent/not urgent, important/not important
- Barriers to time management
- Assertiveness as a tool of time management
- Working on your preferred strategies for dealing with competing demands
Trusted Customer146 days ago
Excellent course, would certainly recommend it! It has helped me revaluate my work and personal priorities.
Need help? Call us on020 7375 7300
What's it like to learn with Happy?
We offer complete individual involvement and participation on all of our workshops. In this video, Nicky delivers a short session about the different Communication Styles, and how they affect the way you work with and manage others.
The Small Print
The course will run from 10am to 4:30pm (hot buffet 1pm to 1:45pm). Please be careful to arrive by 9.45am for registration and refreshments. The course will start precisely on time and it may not be possible to go back over material missed by late arrivals. If you arrive over 30 minutes late you may be asked to leave and attend another day.
Please ensure you read our Terms and Conditions before booking for our payment terms and cancellation policy.
The Happy Guarantee
We want everyone to go away from our courses feeling as though they have learnt useful, practical skills that they can use straight away when they go back to work.
If you don’t feel that your training has been useful or if you are unhappy in any way, just get in touch with our Customer Services team within 30 days of the course. We will be happy to offer you additional support and training free of charge to help you to gain the skills you need, or if you’d prefer, a full refund.