Effective Minute Taking
This course will examine the preparations needed before a meeting; clarify the purpose of minutes; explore the role during meetings; and planning after the meeting. It will look at ways to save time when note-taking and how to reduce the stress which people experience when taking minutes.
Public Sector Price£295*
Charity < 15 Staff£95*
Charity 16-30 Staff£125*
Charity 31+ Staff£180*
- *Excluding VAT
Class size12 approx.
This one-day workshop will give you the skills and confidence to take minutes, including preparation needed before the meeting and afterwards.
What You Will Learn
- To understand the role of minute taker
- To be aware of the different forms of minuting possible
- To be able to select the appropriate form for the context
- To increase participants’ confidence in minute taking
- Identifying areas of concern
- How and what to record
- Dealing with problems that may arise
- Writing up, correcting and confirming
- Dealing with disputes about accuracy
- Common difficulties
Need help? Call us on020 7375 7300
Why choose Happy?
- Award-winning learner-focused approach
- Small class sizes to give personal one-to-one support
- Two years of free support after your course
- Private group options available
- No quibble money-back guarantee on all courses
The small print
The course will run from 10am to 4:45pm (hot buffet lunch 1pm to 1:45pm). Please be careful to arrive by 9.45am for registration and refreshments. The course will start precisely on time and it may not be possible to go back over material missed by late arrivals. If you arrive over 30 minutes late you may be asked to leave and attend another day.
Please ensure you read our Terms and Conditions before booking for our payment terms and cancellation policy.
The Happy Guarantee
We want everyone to go away from our courses feeling as though they have learnt useful, practical skills that they can use straight away when they go back to work.
If you don’t feel that your training has been useful or if you are unhappy in any way, please just get in touch with our Customer Services team within 30 days of the course. We will be happy to offer you additional support and training free of charge to help you to gain the skills you need, or if you’d prefer, a full refund.