Expert Presentation Skills
This two-day presentation skills workshop considers the importance of preparation before giving a presentation, speech or talk – being sure you know what you want to say and organising your material. You will discuss and examine the use of audio-visual aids (such as PowerPoint slides), effective self-presentation and will have an opportunity to deliver a short presentation to your group.
Public Sector Price£450*
Charity < 15 Staff£250*
Charity 16-30 Staff£350*
Charity 31+ Staff£450*
- *Excluding VAT
Class size8 approx.
If you are nervous about giving presentations or speaking in public, then this two-day workshop will help you to gain confidence. It will prepare you with the skills to be able to present effectively, and how to create PowerPoint slides.
What You Will Learn
The course will enable you to:
- Set clear objectives for your presentation
- Choose and apply the appropriate structure, style and strategy to plan and deliver their presentation
- Understand and utilise a range of skills and techniques to make their presentation more effective
- Deliver a presentation clearly and competently
Please bring along a 5-10 minute pre-prepared presentation on any subject of your choice ready to deliver at the start of the programme to the other participants.
- Practice delivering your pre-prepared presentation and receive feedback on what you did well and what could be even better
- Identify what makes a great presentation
- Ensure you have clear purpose for every presentation
- Identifying a through-line for your presentation
- Structure a presentation effectively
- Discover Guy Kawasaki’s 10,20, 30 rule for PowerPoint presentations and avoid ‘death by PowerPoint’
- Recognise the power of stories and practice telling your own stories
- Ensure your non-verbal communication and body language back up your message
- Deliberately choose your body language to boost your credibility or approachability as required
- Handling nerves and using your body language to boost your confidence
- Using pauses and intonation to emphasise your message
- Discover practical tips for involving and engaging your audience
- Identify how to make your presentation memorable
- Personal action plan beyond the programme
Philippa Russell188 days ago
Good training. Could have done with some actual roll play around chairing meetings and dealing with difficult situations
Need help? Call us on020 7375 7300
Group Learning Events
If you have five or more learners, a private group event could be cheaper.
We can tailor the content to your team, and host the workshop inhouse at your workplace or here at Happy's HQ in Aldgate, Central London.
What's it like to learn with Happy?
We offer complete individual involvement and participation on all of our workshops. In this video, Nicky delivers a short session about the different Communication Styles, and how they affect the way you work with and manage others.
The Small Print
The course will run from 10am to 4:30pm (lunch is served 1pm to 1:45pm — we offer a choice of 3 cold bowl dishes). Please be careful to arrive by 9.45am for registration and refreshments. The course will start precisely on time and it may not be possible to go back over material missed by late arrivals. If you arrive over 30 minutes late you may be asked to leave and attend another day.
Please ensure you read our Terms and Conditions before booking for our payment terms and cancellation policy.
The happy Guarantee
We want everyone to go away from our courses feeling as though they have learnt useful, practical skills that they can use straight away when they go back to work.
If you don’t feel that your training has been useful or if you are unhappy in any way, please get in touch with our Customer Services team within 30 days of the course. We will be happy to offer you additional support and training free of charge to help you to gain the skills you need, or if you’d prefer, a full refund.
Saddia9 days ago
Great atmosphere, Sal was very welcoming & explained each step making it very easy to follow through the whole module. Highly recommend.
Sajid Ali9 days ago
Location was great, refreshments were endless, ice cream fridge was a winner, tutor was excellent!
Paul Murtagh10 days ago
Excellent customer service. Good value for money
Trusted Customer24 days ago
Happy name speaks for itself. You feel happy when you go there
Anne Mitson24 days ago
Manuela Romeo24 days ago
Course very well delivered and structured. The facilitator focused on our weaknesses and tailored the course to our needs.
Shameem Akhtar27 days ago
the whole package was good
Trusted Customer33 days ago
The atmosphere, the content, the trainer, the offices
Trusted Customer34 days ago
From the moment I walked through the door everyone was really welcoming and put me at my ease. Dez, the facilitator held the group well and ket the flow of the training ...
Trusted Customer37 days ago
Course was good. Trainer was excellent as usual. Only gripe is the aftercare bit. I have attended 2 previous courses and have asked for (and received) a PDF of the traini...
Anna Jones38 days ago
Fabulous trainer, great location and venue.
Samantha Phillips45 days ago
I think Happy are fantastic! Their communication is clear and quick. I received a warm welcome on the day of my course and support throughout, as well as a yummy lunch pr...