Expert Presentation Skills
This two-day presentation skills workshop considers the importance of preparation before giving a presentation, speech or talk – being sure you know what you want to say and organising your material. You will discuss and examine the use of audio-visual aids (such as PowerPoint slides), effective self-presentation and will have an opportunity to deliver a short presentation to your group.
Public Sector Price£450*
Charity < 15 Staff£250*
Charity 16-30 Staff£350*
Charity 31+ Staff£450*
- *per person, excluding VAT
Class size8 approx.
If you are nervous about giving presentations or speaking in public, then this two-day workshop will help you to gain confidence. It will prepare you with the skills to be able to present effectively, and how to create PowerPoint slides.
What You Will Learn
The course will enable you to:
- Set clear objectives for your presentation
- Choose and apply the appropriate structure, style and strategy to plan and deliver their presentation
- Understand and utilise a range of skills and techniques to make their presentation more effective
- Deliver a presentation clearly and competently
Please bring along a 5-10 minute pre-prepared presentation on any subject of your choice ready to deliver at the start of the programme to the other participants.
- Practice delivering your pre-prepared presentation and receive feedback on what you did well and what could be even better
- Identify what makes a great presentation
- Ensure you have clear purpose for every presentation
- Identifying a through-line for your presentation
- Structure a presentation effectively
- Discover Guy Kawasaki’s 10,20, 30 rule for PowerPoint presentations and avoid ‘death by PowerPoint’
- Recognise the power of stories and practice telling your own stories
- Ensure your non-verbal communication and body language back up your message
- Deliberately choose your body language to boost your credibility or approachability as required
- Handling nerves and using your body language to boost your confidence
- Using pauses and intonation to emphasise your message
- Discover practical tips for involving and engaging your audience
- Identify how to make your presentation memorable
- Personal action plan beyond the programme
Lorraine Palmier28 days ago
Very informative training day - trainer was excellent as she got the whole group involved - and made it a fun day.
Need help? Call us on020 7375 7300
Group Learning Events
If you have five or more learners, a private group event could be cheaper.
We can tailor the content to your team, and host the workshop inhouse at your workplace or here at Happy's HQ in Aldgate, Central London.
What's it like to learn with Happy?
We offer complete individual involvement and participation on all of our workshops. In this video, Nicky delivers a short session about the different Communication Styles, and how they affect the way you work with and manage others.
The Small Print
The course will run from 10am to 4:30pm (lunch is served 1pm to 1:45pm — we offer a choice of 3 cold bowl dishes). Please be careful to arrive by 9.45am for registration and refreshments. The course will start precisely on time and it may not be possible to go back over material missed by late arrivals. If you arrive over 30 minutes late you may be asked to leave and attend another day.
Please ensure you read our Terms and Conditions before booking for our payment terms and cancellation policy.
The happy Guarantee
We want everyone to go away from our courses feeling as though they have learnt useful, practical skills that they can use straight away when they go back to work.
If you don’t feel that your training has been useful or if you are unhappy in any way, please get in touch with our Customer Services team within 30 days of the course. We will be happy to offer you additional support and training free of charge to help you to gain the skills you need, or if you’d prefer, a full refund.
Due to current government guidelines we have temporarily closed our training centre in London. All of our staff are now working remotely, and all classroom training has been postponed until 29th May.
We have developed a fantastic range of interactive webinars delivered by our experienced facilitators, Live Online Learning. We understand that for many people this will be the first time that they have worked from home and so we have developed short 1.5-2 hour sessions to help you adjust to this new situation. You can see details of our IT Skills live online learning sessions here and our Personal Development sessions here – or we can adapt any of our classroom training into webinar format for you.
For the latest government guidance, please visit the gov.uk website.
We will continue to monitor the situation and will advise all clients if the situation changes.
If you have any questions or concerns, or would like to arrange some online training, our friendly team are available Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm. You can leave a message on 020 7375 7300 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Did you know...
...giving a presentation doesn't mean that you have to do all the talking?
The most effective presentations are those that engage the entire room in a discussion.
Happy has a range of other presentation and meeting skills workshops.
Engaging PowerPoint Presentations to enable you to use your slides in a more engaging way so that your presentation is memorable and effective. Find out more
Leading Engaging Remote Meetings to enable you to ROCK at engaging distant participants and have tons of tips to share with others. Find out more