Expert Presentation Skills
This two-day presentation skills workshop considers the importance of preparation before giving a presentation, speech or talk – being sure you know what you want to say and organising your material. You will discuss and examine the use of audio-visual aids (such as PowerPoint slides), effective self-presentation and will have an opportunity to deliver a short presentation to your group.
Public Sector Price£590*
Charity < 15 Staff£190*
Charity 16-30 Staff£250*
Charity 31+ Staff£360*
- *Excluding VAT
Class size12 approx.
If you are nervous about giving presentations or speaking in public, then this two-day workshop will help you to gain confidence. It will prepare you with the skills to be able to present effectively, and how to create PowerPoint slides.
What You Will Learn
The course will enable you to:
- Set clear objectives for your presentation
- Choose and apply the appropriate structure, style and strategy to plan and deliver their presentation
- Understand and utilise a range of skills and techniques to make their presentation more effective
- Deliver a presentation clearly and competently
Please bring along a 5-10 minute pre-prepared presentation on any subject of your choice ready to deliver at the start of the programme to the other participants.
- Practice delivering your pre-prepared presentation and receive feedback on what you did well and what could be even better
- Identify what makes a great presentation
- Ensure you have clear purpose for every presentation
- Identifying a through-line for your presentation
- Structure a presentation effectively
- Discover Guy Kawasaki’s 10,20, 30 rule for PowerPoint presentations and avoid ‘death by PowerPoint’
- Recognise the power of stories and practice telling your own stories
- Ensure your non-verbal communication and body language back up your message
- Deliberately choose your body language to boost your credibility or approachability as required
- Handling nerves and using your body language to boost your confidence
- Using pauses and intonation to emphasise your message
- Discover practical tips for involving and engaging your audience
- Identify how to make your presentation memorable
- Personal action plan beyond the programme
Eleanor Yates2 days ago
Need help? Call us on020 7375 7300
What's it like to learn with Happy?
We offer complete individual involvement and participation on all of our workshops. In this video, Nicky delivers a short session about the different Communication Styles, and how they affect the way you work with and manage others.
The Small Print
The course will run from 10am to 4:30pm (hot buffet 1pm to 1:45pm). Please be careful to arrive by 9.45am for registration and refreshments. The course will start precisely on time and it may not be possible to go back over material missed by late arrivals. If you arrive over 30 minutes late you may be asked to leave and attend another day.
Please ensure you read our Terms and Conditions before booking for our payment terms and cancellation policy.
The Happy Guarantee
We want everyone to go away from our courses feeling as though they have learnt useful, practical skills that they can use straight away when they go back to work.
If you don’t feel that your training has been useful or if you are unhappy in any way, just get in touch with our Customer Services team within 30 days of the course. We will be happy to offer you additional support and training free of charge to help you to gain the skills you need, or if you’d prefer, a full refund.