Discover LoMo: Fast, Agile Meetings
If your meetings are taking too much time, achieving too little and draining your team’s energy, you’re not alone. Few meetings achieve the value they could and improving them can be surprisingly difficult.
LoMo is an open source set of meetings and techniques to encourage self-responsibility, speed, clarity and powerful decisions in meetings. LoMo is short for Low-Tech Moments. No PowerPoint, no circular conversations, just top quality thinking, talking and working together. Let’s have meetings become the leaps forward in clarity, action and trust that they deserve to be.
Public Sector Price£225*
Charity < 15 Staff£125*
Charity 16-30 Staff£175*
Charity 31+ Staff£225*
- *Excluding VAT
Class size12 approx.
This workshop has been designed for leaders and managers who want to use their team's time more effectively; project managers who need their team to be more self-responsible and productive; people who are working in an Agile way in a waterfall organisation; consultants and facilitators who are interested in exploring whether LoMo might work for their clients; and anyone who spends too much time in meetings.
What you will learn
Carrie Bedingfield will draw on her PhD research and 18 years redesigning meetings. In this one-day workshop, you will:
- Unpack why meetings may not serve you now you work more collaboratively in an environment where things are changing all the time
- Get to grips with some of the psychology of meeting behaviour… and a (brief, interesting!) history of how we got here
- Explore and experience new formats for meetings that might serve you better in a variety of situations
- Learn the key principles and what matters in a LoMo – where power lies, how the interaction works and how LoMo allows everyone to put ego aside and work together more effectively
- Learn collaborative techniques that you could use immediately to improve any meeting
- Redesign a meeting you’d like to improve and test it live to get immediate feedback
- Leave ready to implement that make the most difference straightaway
Using what you learn, you can expect to:
- Reduce current meeting time by 30-50% – Ricoh managers reduced theirs by 75% in the first 6 weeks
- Improve the quality of meetings dramatically – sharper discussions and outcomes, no ‘going round in circles’
- Build better relationships and more trust though clearer and less frustrating interactions with colleagues in meetings
- Get more valuable work done earlier – by feeling pain sooner and not letting ‘the work wait for the big meeting next month’
Who is this workshop for?
This workshop has been specifically designed for:
- Leaders and managers who want to use their team’s time more effectively
- Project managers who need their team to be more self responsible, faster and more productive
- People who are working in an agile way in a waterfall organisation who want to draw in the rest of the business to new ways of working
- Consultants and facilitators interested in exploring whether LoMo might work for their clients
- Anyone who spends too much time in meetings
People who are interested in any of these might find LoMo useful as it takes inspiration from all of these approaches:
- Agile and Lean
- Open space technology and Unconferences
- Lean start-up
- Clean communication, radical candour and servant leadership
- Managing Your Chimp, Steve Peters style
Philippa Russell85 days ago
Good training. Could have done with some actual roll play around chairing meetings and dealing with difficult situations
What's it like to learn with Happy?
We offer complete individual involvement and participation on all of our workshops. In this video, Nicky delivers a short session about the different Communication Styles, and how they affect the way you work with and manage others.
The Small Print
The course will run from 10am to 4:30pm (hot buffet 1pm to 1:45pm). Please be careful to arrive by 9.45am for registration and refreshments. The course will start precisely on time and it may not be possible to go back over material missed by late arrivals. If you arrive over 30 minutes late you may be asked to leave and attend another day.
Please ensure you read our Terms and Conditions before booking for our payment terms and cancellation policy.
The happy Guarantee
We want everyone to go away from our courses feeling as though they have learnt useful, practical skills that they can use straight away when they go back to work.
If you don’t feel that your training has been useful or if you are unhappy in any way, please get in touch with our Customer Services team within 30 days of the course. We will be happy to offer you additional support and training free of charge to help you to gain the skills you need, or if you’d prefer, a full refund.