Discover LoMo: Fast, Agile Meetings
If your meetings are taking too much time, achieving too little and draining your team’s energy, you’re not alone. Few meetings achieve the value they could and improving them can be surprisingly difficult.
LoMo is an open source set of meetings and techniques to encourage self-responsibility, speed, clarity and powerful decisions in meetings. LoMo is short for Low-Tech Moments. No PowerPoint, no circular conversations, just top quality thinking, talking and working together. Let’s have meetings become the leaps forward in clarity, action and trust that they deserve to be.
This workshop is currently available online as Face-to-Face Live Online Learning using Zoom for public bookings. We are able to offer classroom sessions for private bookings only — please get in touch for availability.
What you will learn
This workshop is based on PhD research by Carrie Bedingfield, who has 18+ years of experience redesigning meetings. In this one-day workshop, you will:
- Unpack why meetings may not serve you now you work more collaboratively in an environment where things are changing all the time
- Get to grips with some of the psychology of meeting behaviour… and a (brief, interesting!) history of how we got here
- Explore and experience new formats for meetings that might serve you better in a variety of situations
- Learn the key principles and what matters in a LoMo – where power lies, how the interaction works and how LoMo allows everyone to put ego aside and work together more effectively
- Learn collaborative techniques that you could use immediately to improve any meeting
- Redesign a meeting you’d like to improve and test it live to get immediate feedback
- Leave ready to implement that make the most difference straightaway
Using what you learn, you can expect to:
- Reduce current meeting time by 30-50% – Ricoh managers reduced theirs by 75% in the first 6 weeks
- Improve the quality of meetings dramatically – sharper discussions and outcomes, no ‘going round in circles’
- Build better relationships and more trust though clearer and less frustrating interactions with colleagues in meetings
- Get more valuable work done earlier – by feeling pain sooner and not letting ‘the work wait for the big meeting next month’
Who is this workshop for?
This workshop has been specifically designed for:
- Leaders and managers who want to use their team’s time more effectively
- Project managers who need their team to be more self responsible, faster and more productive
- People who are working in an agile way in a waterfall organisation who want to draw in the rest of the business to new ways of working
- Consultants and facilitators interested in exploring whether LoMo might work for their clients
- Anyone who spends too much time in meetings
People who are interested in any of these might find LoMo useful as it takes inspiration from all of these approaches:
- Agile and Lean
- Open space technology and Unconferences
- Lean start-up
- Clean communication, radical candour and servant leadership
- Managing Your Chimp, Steve Peters style
Sallie Gregson17 days ago
Quick sessions that gave a burst of energy and purposefulness to the day. I enjoyed the sessions and have applied the techniques to my working habits, it will take time but they are already having a positive impact on my productivity.
Group Learning Events
Looking for a private group event for your team, or even your whole organisation?
We can organise a date that works for you, and we can tailor the content to your team. Our private workshops can be held online, inhouse at your workplace or here at Happy's HQ in Aldgate, Central London (following current government guidelines).
What's it like to learn with Happy?
We offer complete individual involvement and participation on all of our workshops. In this video, Nicky delivers a short session about the different Communication Styles, and how they affect the way you work with and manage others.
The Small Print
The course will run from 10am to 4:30pm (lunch is served 1pm to 1:45pm — we offer a choice of 3 cold bowl dishes). Please be careful to arrive by 9.45am for registration and refreshments. The course will start precisely on time and it may not be possible to go back over material missed by late arrivals. If you arrive over 30 minutes late you may be asked to leave and attend another day.
Please ensure you read our Terms and Conditions before booking for our payment terms and cancellation policy.
The happy Guarantee
We want everyone to go away from our courses feeling as though they have learnt useful, practical skills that they can use straight away when they go back to work.
If you don’t feel that your training has been useful or if you are unhappy in any way, please get in touch with our Customer Services team within 30 days of the course. We will be happy to offer you additional support and training free of charge to help you to gain the skills you need, or if you’d prefer, a full refund.
Due to COVID-19, our public programme is currently only being held online through our Face-to-Face Live Online learning sessions. However, we are now able to offer classroom training sessions for private bookings. Please get in touch for more information, pricing and availability.
For the latest government guidance, please visit the gov.uk website.
We will continue to monitor the situation and will advise all clients if the situation changes.
If you have any questions or concerns, or would like to arrange some online training, our friendly team are available Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm. You can leave a message on 020 7375 7300 or email us at email@example.com.
Did you know...
...private and public sector organisations around the world are adopting the principles of Holacracy?
That's because giving power to self-organising teams instead of traditional management hierarchies has given rise to far greater productivity.
Happy has a range of other management and leadership programmes.
Chairing Meetings to enable you to get the best out of meetings and consider some of the difficulties that can confront “the person in the chair”. Find out more
Leading Engaging Remote Meetings to enable you to ROCK at engaging distant participants and have tons of tips to share with others. Find out more