This course will explore the role of the chair in getting the best out of meetings. The day will provide information on carrying through the role of chair and will consider some of the difficulties that can confront “the person in the chair”.
Public Sector Price£295*
Charity < 15 Staff£95*
Charity 16-30 Staff£125*
Charity 31+ Staff£180*
- *Excluding VAT
Class size12 approx.
This one-day workshop has been designed for anyone who has to chair or lead meetings as part of their role.
What You Will Learn
- To understand the responsibilities of the chair
- To be able to plan and lead meetings more effectively
- To be able to assist the meeting in achieving its aims
- To explore ways of getting the best from meetings.
- Preparations for chairing a meeting
- Different styles
- Working with other officers
- Working with the minute-taker
- Forming and managing the agenda
- Problems arising during the meeting
- The main tasks of setting the scene, holding the boundaries and summarising the discussion
- Responsibilities after the meeting, including confirming the minutes
Need help? Call us on020 7375 7300
What's it like to learn with Happy?
We offer complete individual involvement and participation on all of our workshops. In this video, Nicky delivers a short session about the different Communication Styles, and how they affect the way you work with and manage others.
The Small Print
The course will run from 10am to 4:30pm (hot buffet 1pm to 1:45pm). Please be careful to arrive by 9.45am for registration and refreshments. The course will start precisely on time and it may not be possible to go back over material missed by late arrivals. If you arrive over 30 minutes late you may be asked to leave and attend another day.
Please ensure you read our Terms and Conditions before booking for our payment terms and cancellation policy.
The Happy Guarantee
We want everyone to go away from our courses feeling as though they have learnt useful, practical skills that they can use straight away when they go back to work.
If you don’t feel that your training has been useful or if you are unhappy in any way, just get in touch with our Customer Services team within 30 days of the course. We will be happy to offer you additional support and training free of charge to help you to gain the skills you need, or if you’d prefer, a full refund.