Dealing with Difficult People
Having to deal with difficult people, whether they be managers, co-workers or clients, can lead to staff members feeling demoralised, de-motivated and stressed. This course will look at ways of assessing the problem, trying to understand why the other person is being difficult and how to resolve such situations.
Public Sector Price£295*
Charity < 15 Staff£95*
Charity 16-30 Staff£125*
Charity 31+ Staff£180*
- *Excluding VAT
Class size13 approx.
This one-day course will look at ways of assessing the problem, trying to understand why the other person is being difficult and how to resolve such situations.
What You Will Learn
- To have an understanding of why some people are “difficult”
- To be able to identify different types of “difficult” behaviour
- To understand their own communication style and how that might contribute to “difficult” situations
- To identify ways to defuse, deflect or deal with situations where people are being difficult
- To be able to state their own position in an assertive, non-confrontational way
- To have identified coping mechanisms for themselves.
- Different styles of difficult behaviour
- Exploring methods to deal with the different styles
- Addressing the problem rather than the personality
- Assessing your own communication style
- Listening skills
- Win/win outcomes
- Looking from the other person’s perspective
- Body language
- Using questioning techniques
- Coping strategies
Eleanor Yates2 days ago
Need help? Call us on020 7375 7300
What's it like to learn with Happy?
We offer complete individual involvement and participation on all of our workshops. In this video, Nicky delivers a short session about the different Communication Styles, and how they affect the way you work with and manage others.
The Small Print
The course will run from 10am to 4:30pm (hot buffet 1pm to 1:45pm). Please be careful to arrive by 9.45am for registration and refreshments. The course will start precisely on time and it may not be possible to go back over material missed by late arrivals. If you arrive over 30 minutes late you may be asked to leave and attend another day.
Please ensure you read our Terms and Conditions before booking for our payment terms and cancellation policy.
The Happy Guarantee
We want everyone to go away from our courses feeling as though they have learnt useful, practical skills that they can use straight away when they go back to work.
If you don’t feel that your training has been useful or if you are unhappy in any way, just get in touch with our Customer Services team within 30 days of the course. We will be happy to offer you additional support and training free of charge to help you to gain the skills you need, or if you’d prefer, a full refund.