Managing your Management Committee
This one-day course is for CEOs in the third sector who want to look at their relationship with their management committee, including the chair.
We will discuss building relationships, clarity about roles and encouraging established committee members to update their knowledge of policies and financial requirements in the face of a changing environment. There will be space to talk about good practice and obstacles faced by others in the same position.
What you will learn
- Establishing good relationships with chair and members – being open and honest about challenges.
- Importance of inductions and being clear about roles
- Ensuring members know what the charity can and can’t do in line with the organisation’s purpose.
- Encouraging members to keep their knowledge of their legal responsibilities up-to-date e.g. finance
- Challenging established culture of committee to in order to allow the organisation to move forward
- The importance of understanding safeguarding
- How to support your committee’s need to understand while allowing staff to carry out their roles
Our Approach to Programme Delivery
Every programme is designed to ensure complete individual involvement and participation, it will stimulate your thinking and challenge you. The key focus is on practical skills and real outcomes throughout. The content will involve an innovative and engaging blend of activities so that you can directly apply it to your current performance and your future success.
What's it like to learn with Happy?
Be involved, engaged and challenged in our leadership programmes. In this video, Happy's Managing Director, Cathy Busani, delivers a session on Google’s Project Oxygen and the qualities of a great manager.
The Small Print
The course will run from 10am to 4:30pm (lunch is served 1pm to 1:45pm — we offer a choice of 3 cold bowl dishes). Please be careful to arrive by 9.45am for registration and refreshments. The course will start precisely on time and it may not be possible to go back over material missed by late arrivals. If you arrive over 30 minutes late you may be asked to leave and attend another day.
Please ensure you read our Terms and Conditions before booking for our payment terms and cancellation policy.
The happy Guarantee
We want everyone to go away from our courses feeling as though they have learnt useful, practical skills that they can use straight away when they go back to work.
If you don’t feel that your training has been useful or if you are unhappy in any way, please get in touch with our Customer Services team within 30 days of the course. We will be happy to offer you additional support and training free of charge to help you to gain the skills you need, or if you’d prefer, a full refund.