Expert Excel Level 4: Formulae and Functions
In this expert level Excel course, you will be introduced to Basic Formulas, use Statistical and Logical functions, use Lookup and Reference Formulas, add Date and Time Formulas and learn about Efficiency Tips.
What you will learn
In particular you will be able to:
- Fix formulas using Absolute Cell References ($)
- Use logical functions, such as COUNTIF to count cells that meet a certain condition
- Use HLOOKUP function to look up values in the top row of the table
- Use the CONCATENATE Function to join separate fields, such as FirstName and LastName
- Calculate the number of days between two dates
Session 1: Formulas and Functions Basics
- Use Cell References
- Copy a Formula without changing Cell References
- Transpose a Formula
- Copy and Paste Values
- Quick Calculations
- Nesting Functions
- Statistical and Logical Functions: COUNTIF, SUMIF, AVERAGEA, IF, ISERROR, Nested IF
Session 3: Lookup % Reference Formulas
- Using VLOOKUP and HLOOKUP
- Using INDEX and MATCH to Retrieve Data
Session 4: Text Formulas
- Change Case of Text
- Join Text from Multiple Columns
- Combine Text and Formatted Numbers
- Convert Imported Text Format into Numbers
- Break Imported Date Field into Individual Columns
- Substitute Text
- Extract a Name Field into Three Columns
Session 5: Date and Time Formulas
- Add a Number to Current Date to Get New Dates
- Calculate a Period of Time Between Two dates
- Perform Calculation with Time Fields
Session 6: Array and Database Functions
- Array Formulas
- Calculate the Difference Between MAX and MIN Values in an Array
- Find Value in List
- Use Frequency Function to Count Responses
- Analyse Data in a Database
Which Excel course is right for you?
Making sure you’ve booked the right course isn’t always easy.
Luckily we have a handy survey to help you decide.
And if you’re still unsure, call our friendly team on 020 7375 7300 and we’ll help you work out what you need.
Group Learning Events
If you have three or more learners, a private group course could be cheaper.
We can tailor the content to your team, and host the training at your workplace or here at Happy's HQ in Aldgate, Central London.
Emma Morgan186 days ago
Just the info I needed, great
What is it like to learn with Happy?
Our facilitators make learning interactive and fun. In this video, Maureen delivers a session on Formulas and Functions in Excel at Happy's HQ in London.
The Small Print
The course will run from 10am to 4:45pm (lunch is served 1pm to 1:45pm — we offer a choice of 3 cold bowl dishes). Please be careful to arrive by 9:45am for registration and refreshments. The course will start precisely on time and it may not be possible to go back over material missed by late arrivals. If you arrive over 30 minutes late you may be asked to leave and attend another day.
Please ensure you read our Terms and Conditions before booking for our payment terms and cancellation policy.
The happy Guarantee
We want everyone to go away from our courses feeling as though they have learnt useful, practical skills that they can use straight away when they go back to work.
If you don’t feel that your training has been useful or if you are unhappy in any way, please get in touch with our Customer Services team within 30 days of the course. We will be happy to offer you additional support and training free of charge to help you to gain the skills you need, or if you’d prefer, a full refund.
Your post-course support package
- 2 years of free access to our IT Helpline
- Unlimited access - call or email our team as often as you need
- Ask about any content covered on your course
- Included in the price of our training sessions
Did you know...
...this course covers many useful Excel functions that will help you with Data Analysis?
This lets you draw definitive conclusions from your data and make informed decisions as a result.
Happy also offers a range of different level courses in Excel, from beginner and intermediate to specialised programmes such as Excel Without Maths and business-oriented data analysis.
Advanced Excel Core Level 3 to improve your ability to organise and analyse data and represent it in a readily understandable chart. Find out more
Analysing Excel Data for Better Business Decisions to enable you to quickly and effectively analyse data by using techniques such as interactive Dashboards, Conditional Formatting and Pivot Tables. Find out more
Beginner Excel Core Level 1 for anyone who has never used Excel before. Find out more