Beginner Word Core Level 1
If you’re brand new to Word and word processing software, or want to build your confidence, this is the course for you. In this beginner level one-day course, you will learn all the essential features to be able to create and alter simple documents, such as letters, memos and reports.
Public Sector Price£250*
- *Excluding VAT
Class size8 approx.
Delegates must be confident in using a keyboard, Windows and a mouse. No prior experience of Word or other word processing software is required. If you are not confident using a PC and mouse, then please take a look at our Windows 7 Essentials and Windows 10 Essentials courses first (currently only available as a group or one-to-one course).
What you will learn
By the end of this beginner level one-day Word course, you will be able to:
- Create, save and find documents using Word
- Add text, format it and check it for mistakes
- Move around easily in a Word document
- Move text around
- Format text – including the use of styles
- Insert and edit pictures
- Change the page layout – including margins, headers and footers and page breaks
- Print your document
- Open, save, close and find your document
- Create documents
- Add text
- Use Undo and Redo
- Move around inside a Word document
- Select text within the document
- Cut, Copy and Paste
- Change Text and Paragraph Formatting
- Copy formatting changes with Format Painter
- Use pre-set Styles to format text and paragraphs
- Create Bullet Points or a Numbered List
- Add a Watermark to your document.
- Insert a Picture from your files or from the internet
- Add a frame to the picture
- Change the way text flows around the picture
- Change page Margins and Orientation
- Add a Header or Footer
- Add Page Numbers
- Use Page Breaks
- Preview and Print your document
Which Word course is right for you?
Making sure you’ve booked the right course isn’t always easy.
Luckily we have a handy survey to help you decide.
And if you’re still unsure, call our friendly team on 020 7375 7300 and we’ll help you work out what you need.
Group Learning Events
If you have three or more learners, a private group course could be cheaper.
We can tailor the content to your team, and host the training at your workplace or here at Happy's HQ in Aldgate, Central London.
Natalie Scott213 days ago
Fab..!! I didn't realise that there were so many things you could do with formatting etc
What is it like to learn with Happy?
Our facilitators make learning interactive and fun. In this video, Maureen delivers a session on Formulas and Functions in Excel at Happy's HQ in London.
The Small Print
The course will run from 10am to 4:45pm (lunch is served 1pm to 1:45pm — we offer a choice of 3 cold bowl dishes). Please be careful to arrive by 9:45am for registration and refreshments. The course will start precisely on time and it may not be possible to go back over material missed by late arrivals. If you arrive over 30 minutes late you may be asked to leave and attend another day.
Please ensure you read our Terms and Conditions before booking for our payment terms and cancellation policy.
The happy Guarantee
We want everyone to go away from our courses feeling as though they have learnt useful, practical skills that they can use straight away when they go back to work.
If you don’t feel that your training has been useful or if you are unhappy in any way, please get in touch with our Customer Services team within 30 days of the course. We will be happy to offer you additional support and training free of charge to help you to gain the skills you need, or if you’d prefer, a full refund.
Your post-course support package
- 2 years of free access to our IT Helpline
- Unlimited access - call or email our team as often as you need
- Ask about any content covered on your course
- Included in the price of our training sessions
Did you know...
...we have a number of other courses in Microsoft Word that'll increase your confidence with the word processor?
Participation in these courses will show you how to customise the layout of pages in a long document and use cross references and reviewing tools.
Intermediate Word Core Level 2: Communication Tools to enable you to create sophisticated graphics and use Styles to navigate and automatically format parts of your document. Find out more
Intermediate Word Core Level 2: Long Documents and Reports to enable you to format your long documents by adding a table of contents and use cross-references and reviewing tools. Find out more