Intermediate Word Core Level 2: Communication Tools
By the end of this one-day intermediate level course you will be confident in using Styles to automatically format parts of your document. You will use Styles to navigate around a document. You will create sophisticated graphics. You will create templates and Building Blocks (Autotext) to save time. You will be able to Mail Merge within Word and to Outlook email.
Public Sector Price£250*
- *Excluding VAT
Class size8 approx.
Delegates should be confident in creating, saving and finding Word documents as well as entering, formatting and editing text.
What you will learn
By the end of this one-day intermediate Word course, you will be able to:
- Use both Paragraph and Text pre-set Styles
- Understand what can be done with Styles beyond just formatting
- Add Headers and Footers
- Insert Pictures, and Diagrams
- Create Templates and use Building Blocks to save time on standard documents
- Mail Merge to Word and Outlook
Session 1 – Setting up: The look and feel of your document
- Designing standard documents
- Using and creating Styles
- Understand what else Styles can be used for
- Adding Pictures, internet images (including Clip Art) and shapes
- Changing headers and footers
- Using Autotext and Quick Parts
Session 2 – Using fields and creating a form
- Understanding what forms are and when you should you use them
- On-screen forms
- Protecting and using forms
Session 3 – Templates
- Create templates for documents you use often
- Ensure Styles work with your templates
- Using the Styles organiser
- Editing your templates
Session 4 – Mail Merge
- Create a Mail Merge using an Excel list
- Use mail merge to create a letter or labels in Word, or an email in Outlook
Which Word course is right for you?
Making sure you’ve booked the right course isn’t always easy.
Luckily we have a handy survey to help you decide.
And if you’re still unsure, call our friendly team on 020 7375 7300 and we’ll help you work out what you need.
Lizzie Penn6 days ago
Loved the handbook, really useful. Content very appropriate to my personal needs.
What is it like to learn with Happy?
Our facilitators make learning interactive and fun. In this video, Maureen delivers a session on Formulas and Functions in Excel at Happy's HQ in London.
The Small Print
The course will run from 10am to 4:45pm (hot buffet lunch 1pm to 1:45pm). Please be careful to arrive by 9:45am for registration and refreshments. The course will start precisely on time and it may not be possible to go back over material missed by late arrivals. If you arrive over 30 minutes late you may be asked to leave and attend another day.
Please ensure you read our Terms and Conditions before booking for our payment terms and cancellation policy.
The happy Guarantee
We want everyone to go away from our courses feeling as though they have learnt useful, practical skills that they can use straight away when they go back to work.
If you don’t feel that your training has been useful or if you are unhappy in any way, please get in touch with our Customer Services team within 30 days of the course. We will be happy to offer you additional support and training free of charge to help you to gain the skills you need, or if you’d prefer, a full refund.
Your post-course support package
- 2 years of free access to our IT Helpline
- Unlimited access - call or email our team as often as you need
- Ask about any content covered on your course
- Included in the price of our training sessions