You must be confident in the Windows environment and in the use of the mouse. You should also be familiar with at least one common software application, which you will use in your own training sessions.
On the morning of the first day, you will be expected to give a five-minute training session. Please choose and prepare a topic to train. You will be training fellow participants who may come from all kinds of backgrounds, so please select a topic that does not require any special previous knowledge. This can be in any of the following Microsoft 2010 or 2016 packages: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Internet Explorer, Windows Explorer or My Computer (Outlook is not available). PCs, flipcharts and pens will be available on the day.
What You Will Learn
By the end of this training you will be able to confidently deliver an IT course that fully involves your learners.
In particular you will be able to:
- Clarify the difference between learner focused & trainer focused training styles.
- Gain practical experience of training, and being trained by others. This includes a ‘before & after’ video to take away.
- Identify methods to help people learn IT effectively.
- Agree key principles in how to involve people in computer training.
- Identify and use different question techniques within a training session.
- Use questions to help delegates find the solutions for themselves.
- Ensure you have clear objectives for every session.
- Make the training relevant to each delegate.
- Measure skills transfer for each delegate to ensure the objectives have been met.
- Identify how your training can appeal to different learning styles.
- Identify how accelerated learning techniques can be used within training.
- Note ideas for transferring your skills to your work environment.
The course will run from 10am to 4:45pm (light cold buffet 1pm to 1:45pm). Please be careful to arrive by 9.45am for registration and refreshments. The course will start precisely on time and it may not be possible to go back over material missed by late arrivals. If you arrive over 30 minutes late you may be asked to leave and attend another day.
Please ensure you read our Terms and Conditions before booking for our payment terms and cancellation policy.
THE HAPPY GUARANTEE
We want everyone to go away from our courses feeling as though they have learnt useful, practical skills that they can use straight away when they go back to work.
If you don’t feel that your training has been useful or if you are unhappy in any way, please just get in touch with our Customer Services team within 30 days of the course. We will be happy to offer you additional support and training free of charge to help you to gain the skills you need, or if you’d prefer, a full refund.
Your Course Trainer
Maureen joined Happy as an Associate trainee trainer in November 2012 and within two years became a Senior Trainer. As well as being a trainer, she is also an ex-athlete and athletics coach - an interest that compliments her training skills, using activities to engage delegates keeping training interesting and fun. Maureen is also an NLP Certified coach.