Train the Trainer Essentials
Our two-day Train the Trainer Essentials workshop has been designed for anyone brand new to training or with less than six months of experience. It’s also perfect if training is part of your role, and you’d like to learn how to train more effectively.
You’ll learn how to facilitate Management and Soft Skills sessions in Happy’s interactive, learner-focused style, consider the learning process, explore training needs and plan a training session. You will also be able to discuss solutions to problems that arise and difficult situations experienced by trainers.
What you will learn
This two-day programme will provide a depth of personal insight and will enhance your ability to confidently deliver a training course that fully involves and engages the learners.
In line with the principles being taught, the programme is learner-focused. You will get the benefit of Happy’s extensive experience and knowledge of training, and you will also learn from your own experiences.
- Deliver your pre-prepared session to the group
- Gain greater insight into your strengths and the areas to work on
- Identify what makes a great learning experience
- The difference between learner-focused and trainer-focused training styles
- The Learning Trough and how it affects learning
- The key stages of KOLB’s Learning Cycle
- Different learning styles needing different ways of learning in order to succeed
- Techniques for involving and engaging your learners
- Making your content memorable for your learners
- Measuring skills transfer to ensure the learning objectives have been met
- Troubleshoot the challenging situations that you might struggle to deal with and the solutions to tackle these positively
- Personal action plan beyond the programme
What does a learner-focused approach look like?
Happy's approach is different to other providers. For us, delivering learning isn’t just about being knowledgeable or conveying complicated information — it's about how much you can involve your learners. In this video, Nicky delivers a short session about the different Communication Styles, showing our interactive and learner-focused approach.
The Small Print
The course will run from 10am to 4:45pm (hot buffet lunch 1pm to 1:45pm). Please be careful to arrive by 9:45am for registration and refreshments. The course will start precisely on time and it may not be possible to go back over material missed by late arrivals. If you arrive over 30 minutes late you may be asked to leave and attend another day.
Please ensure you read our Terms and Conditions before booking for our payment terms and cancellation policy.
The Happy Guarantee
We want everyone to go away from our courses feeling as though they have learnt useful, practical skills that they can use straight away when they go back to work.
If you don’t feel that your training has been useful or if you are unhappy in any way, please just get in touch with our Customer Services team within 30 days of the course. We will be happy to offer you additional support and training free of charge to help you to gain the skills you need, or if you’d prefer, a full refund.