Happy HQ, 3rd Floor, 9 Alie Street, London E1 8DE
What You Will Learn
- To know the principal phases of a project, including definition, planning, implementation and completion.
- To understand project team roles.
- To understand the role and functions of a project manager.
- To use a range of techniques and tools to plan, monitor and control the project.
- To understand a range of project monitoring and evaluation methods.
- To enable you to collect the information and evidence to show how your project has succeeded in meeting its aims and objectives.
- The phases of the project life cycle.
- Managing the critical dimensions of quality, cost and time.
- Involving service-users and other stakeholders.
- Using a range of project management tools including:
- Work breakdown schedules
- Task dependencies
- Gantt charts
- Network diagramming
- Risk analysis
- Skills and responsibility matrices
- Project leadership, team roles and communication.
- Project completion and reporting.
Please note: we now offer an option where the two days of the course are split to allow you to take away what you’ve learned and put it into practice, before coming back for day two to learn more, including how to close a project.
Upcoming dates: 13th and 14th December, 17th January and 21st February.
The course will run from 10am to 4:45pm (light cold buffet 1pm to 1:45pm). Please be careful to arrive by 9.45am for registration and refreshments. The course will start precisely on time and it may not be possible to go back over material missed by late arrivals. If you arrive over 30 minutes late you may be asked to leave and attend another day.
Please ensure you read our Terms and Conditions before booking for our payment terms and cancellation policy.
The Happy Guarantee
We want everyone to go away from our courses feeling as though they have learnt useful, practical skills that they can use straight away when they go back to work.
If you don’t feel that your training has been useful or if you are unhappy in any way, please just get in touch with our Customer Services team within 30 days of the course. We will be happy to offer you additional support and training free of charge to help you to gain the skills you need, or if you’d prefer, a full refund.
Your Course Trainer
Mike has worked for 20 years in private and public sectors as a facilitator, coach and IT / soft skills trainer. He specialises in project management, Lean and MS Project training and consultancy.
One of Happy's lead trainers, he will make sure your learning experience will be challenging, engaging and transformative.