Happy HQ, 3rd Floor, 9 Alie Street, London E1 8DE
What You Will Learn
- Gain confidence in your management approach
- Focus on helping people achieve their best work
- Build your personal credibility and trust within your team
- Hold effective one-to-one meetings with your team members
- Build positive relationship building with team members
- Encourage teams to take ownership of work
- The ability to adapt your approach to the individual and the situation
- People working at their best
- Creating true job ownership
- Setting boundaries
- Building your credibility as a manager
- Identify the key behaviours that build trust with your team
- Effective one-to-one meetings
- Communication that builds relationships
- Active Listening for great working relationships
- Simple coaching skills to encourage responsibility within your team
- Positive and constructive feedback
- Feedback in practice
- Using the situational leadership model to decide the best approach for an individual
- Personal action plan beyond the programme
The course will run from 10am to 4:30pm (light cold buffet 1pm to 1:45pm). Please be careful to arrive by 9.45am for registration and refreshments. The course will start precisely on time and it may not be possible to go back over material missed by late arrivals. If you arrive over 30 minutes late you may be asked to leave and attend another day.
Please ensure you read our Terms and Conditions before booking for our payment terms and cancellation policy.
The Happy Guarantee
We want everyone to go away from our courses feeling as though they have learnt useful, practical skills that they can use straight away when they go back to work.
If you don’t feel that your training has been useful or if you are unhappy in any way, please just get in touch with our Customer Services team within 30 days of the course. We will be happy to offer you additional support and training free of charge to help you to gain the skills you need, or if you’d prefer, a full refund.
Your Course Trainers
Paul Gapper is a Masters qualified trainer with experience in interpersonal skills, work skills and management training. He has worked in the public, private and voluntary sectors for over fifteen years. Paul has a Distinction in the Institute of Personnel Development Training Certificate and the teacher-training certificate for Mindfulness-Based Approaches from the Oxford Mindfulness Centre.
Kay Worth has been running personal development and parenting courses for over 25 years. She has 4 children, a degree in Psychology and many years experience of working in the voluntary sector. She is committed to promoting positive thinking, confidence building, great communication and positive parenting strategies, and loves to see the difference her courses make to relationships both at home and work.
Benet is a freelance consultant, trainer and coach. Previously he has worked in the private, public and voluntary sectors. This experience includes over ten years in CEO and Director level roles in national charities. Benet has a strong track record of supporting teams to achieve real impact (for example a successful campaign for an Autism Act). Additionally, Benet is a qualified counsellor and works both in his own private practice and for a Brighton-based charity. He is currently a trustee of two charities.