Happy HQ, 3rd Floor, 9 Alie Street, London E1 8DE
What You Will Learn
- To be able to defuse and resolve existing conflict
- To empower staff to deal with conflict issues
- To recognise your role/responsibility in conflict situations
- To be able to act as an effective mediator
- Resolving conflict: between individuals and within teams, between staff and management, and between organisation and management committees
- Types of conflict: Suppressed conflict, open conflict, and procedural conflict (grievances)
- The reasons for conflict: Different styles of working, lack of job ownership, ineffective communication, lack of common goals
- Dealing with conflict: Active listening, understanding both sides, focusing on the issues rather than people, trying to find consensus
- Preventing future conflict: Open communication, mediation structures, developing relationships, empowering staff to solve problems.
The course will run from 10am to 4:30pm (hot buffet lunch 1pm to 1:45pm). Please be careful to arrive by 9.45am for registration and refreshments. The course will start precisely on time and it may not be possible to go back over material missed by late arrivals. If you arrive over 30 minutes late you may be asked to leave and attend another day.
Please ensure you read our Terms and Conditions before booking for our payment terms and cancellation policy.
The Happy Guarantee
We want everyone to go away from our courses feeling as though they have learnt useful, practical skills that they can use straight away when they go back to work.
If you don’t feel that your training has been useful or if you are unhappy in any way, please just get in touch with our Customer Services team within 30 days of the course. We will be happy to offer you additional support and training free of charge to help you to gain the skills you need, or if you’d prefer, a full refund.
Your Course Trainers
Paul Gapper is a Masters qualified trainer with experience in interpersonal skills, work skills and management training. He has worked in the public, private and voluntary sectors for over fifteen years. Paul has a Distinction in the Institute of Personnel Development Training Certificate and the teacher-training certificate for Mindfulness-Based Approaches from the Oxford Mindfulness Centre.
Nick is a facilitator and coach, with over 15 years’ experience, working with leaders and managers at all levels. He has worked with a wide range of clients, from large public sector organisations to multi-national companies. He also teaches at two French business schools. Nick’s background is in Sales and Marketing management, which he enjoyed doing before coming to the world of Learning and Development. Nick has an MBA and a Masters degree in Coaching, and is also comfortable delivering in French.