Happy HQ, 3rd Floor, 9 Alie Street, London E1 8DE
What You Will Learn
Carrie Bedingfield will draw on her PhD research and 18 years redesigning meetings. In this one-day workshop, you will:
- Unpack why meetings may not serve you now you work more collaboratively in an environment where things are changing all the time
- Get to grips with some of the psychology of meeting behaviour… and a (brief, interesting!) history of how we got here
- Explore and experience new formats for meetings that might serve you better in a variety of situations
- Learn the key principles and what matters in a LoMo – where power lies, how the interaction works and how LoMo allows everyone to put ego aside and work together more effectively
- Learn collaborative techniques that you could use immediately to improve any meeting
- Redesign a meeting you’d like to improve and test it live to get immediate feedback
- Leave ready to implement that make the most difference straightaway
This workshop is specifically designed for:
- Leaders and managers who want to use their team’s time more effectively
- Project managers who need their team to be more self responsible, faster and more productive
- People who are working in an agile way in a waterfall organisation who want to draw in the rest of the business to new ways of working
- Consultants and facilitators interested in exploring whether LoMo might work for their clients
- Anyone who spends too much time in meetings
Using what you learn, you can expect to:
- Reduce current meeting time by 30-50% – Ricoh managers reduced theirs by 75% in the first 6 weeks
- Improve the quality of meetings dramatically – sharper discussions and outcomes, no ‘going round in circles’
- Build better relationships and more trust though clearer and less frustrating interactions with colleagues in meetings
- Get more valuable work done earlier – by feeling pain sooner and not letting ‘the work wait for the big meeting next month’
People who are interested in any of these might find LoMo useful as it takes inspiration from all of these approaches:
- Agile and lean
- Open space technology and Unconferences
- Lean start-up
- Clean communication, radical candour and servant leadership
- Managing Your Chimp, Steve Peters style
The course will run from 10am to 4:30pm (light cold buffet 1pm to 1:45pm). Please be careful to arrive by 9.45am for registration and refreshments. The course will start precisely on time and it may not be possible to go back over material missed by late arrivals. If you arrive over 30 minutes late you may be asked to leave and attend another day.
Please ensure you read our Terms and Conditions before booking for our payment terms and cancellation policy.
The Happy Guarantee
We want everyone to go away from our courses feeling as though they have learnt useful, practical skills that they can use straight away when they go back to work.
If you don’t feel that your training has been useful or if you are unhappy in any way, please just get in touch with our Customer Services team within 30 days of the course. We will be happy to offer you additional support and training free of charge to help you to gain the skills you need, or if you’d prefer, a full refund.
Your Course Trainer
Carrie has been making tools and methodologies to improve and enable better human interactions at work for nearly 20 years (including clean communication) and now her research at Cambridge University's Engineering Department is exploring opportunities for improving the outcomes of group information sharing, idea generation and decision making events, specifically in the context of the engineering design process. Carrie is the founder of Onefish Twofish (employee engagement consultancy), 50th Generation (purpose-led innovation and start-up accelerator) and LoMo (the methodology for improving meetings in the workshop).