@Mentions: Make Collaborating via Email Fast and Easy
Focus on what matters by using the @Mentions feature, first introduction in Microsoft Outlook 2016 and available in Outlook 2019 and 365.
Hi, we are Happy
We are leading a movement to create happy, empowered and productive workplaces.
How can we help you and your people to find joy in at least 80% of your work?
How do you get someone’s attention? Today, we are being drowned with a lot more email messages competing for our attention in our inbox. Focus on what matters most using this cool tool – @Mentions. It quickly alerts you and other team members to action tasks through email.
How do you use @Mentions?
- Create a new email
- Type the @ symbol anywhere in the body of your email (email list appears- Wow!)
- Type the person’s name
- Select the who you want to address from the email list that pops up
- Click send
The @symbol appears on the message list for emails in which you’ve been mentioned, like this:
The person’s name you address becomes highlighted in the message in blue. This helps them know they are being asked to action tasks through email, like this:
Benefits of using @Mentions
- Helps focus on what needs your attention.
- Before an email is opened you can see at a glance which email requires your action.
- Outlook has added a filter to enable you sort by only messages you’ve been mentioned in.
- Your highlighted name in blue allows you quickly see where exactly your attention is needed in the body of the email.
- If the person isn’t part of the email conversation already, they will automatically be added so they receive a copy of your email.
- The preview text is updated. You’ll no longer see a preview of the first few words of the email. Instead, Outlook shows a preview of the text immediately following your mention.
- How to Turn Off New Email Alerts in Outlook so You Can Focus — In this short video, Nicky explains how you can turn off that distracting email alert in Outlook so you can focus better and be more effective.
- 4 Tools to Boost Productivity in Microsoft Outlook — In this blog, Billy identifies a few features that could help save time and boost productivity, such as Conditional Formatting.
- 321zero: How I Solved my Email Overload — Here is how you can drastically reduce the time you spend on responding and dealing with your inbox.
- How to Speed Up Searching Your Emails in Outlook — A quick 2 minute video explaining some useful tools to speed up your Outlook searches.
Why not sign up to our newsletter?
Sign up to our monthly newsletter, full of tips, tricks and news to help you to be happier and more productive at work.
Kelsey Freegard77 days ago
Very helpful and informative! Learned so much I didn't even know existed in the realm of emailing!
Sal trains most MS Office packages. Her real love is in transferring knowledge by making her training sessions fun and more impactful. She is Happy’s Outlook Champion and ensures Outlook courses and training material are updated regularly with new features. Sal has been at Happy for over three years.
Testimonials from happy Customers
Lynda Marshall7 days ago
Really informative and easy to follow instructions.
Philip Abraham8 days ago
The exercises were really well designed and interesting. I learnt a lot, and am looking forward to part 2.
Hannah Wilson16 days ago
I really enjoyed the training.
Trusted Customer19 days ago
Clear and concise training
Esther Dibiaocha23 days ago
Very good and educative. Quite interactive with so much to learn in a day.
Trusted Customer23 days ago
Sometimes I felt it was going too fast. Otherwise excellent training. I would definitely recommend Happy
Claire23 days ago
Excellent course, good balance of participation - would highly recommend
Anna Whitton27 days ago
Well organised, effective training offer delivered in a good environment. We are already using the tools that we learnt
Ketsela Betru27 days ago
I took two online trainings : Stress Management for Managers and Resilience and Wellbeing at work by your organization. The trainings were lead by Mr Paul. In both cases,...
Trusted Customer27 days ago
We were told that we could ask questions after the training. I did ask a question, but I didn't hear back. Now that it's taking so long to reply, I fear that I am forgett...
Trusted Customer27 days ago
I was kept engaged through out and there was lots of opportunity to ask questions and practice what I was learning. I feel more confident now.
Cheryl Browne29 days ago
Everything from the welcome, the venue and the course delivery was of an excellent quality.