@Mentions: Make Collaborating via Email Fast and Easy
Focus on what matters by using the new @Mentions feature in Microsoft Outlook 2016.
Hi, we are Happy
We are leading a movement to create happy, empowered and productive workplaces.
How can we help you and your people to find joy in at least 80% of your work?
How do you get someone’s attention? Today, we are being drowned with a lot more email messages competing for our attention in our inbox. Focus on what matters most using this cool tool – @Mentions. It quickly alerts you and other team members to action tasks through email.
How do you use @Mentions?
- Create a new email
- Type the @ symbol anywhere in the body of your email (email list appears- Wow!)
- Type the person’s name
- Select the who you want to address from the email list that pops up
- Click send
The @symbol appears on the message list for emails in which you’ve been mentioned, like this:
The person’s name you address becomes highlighted in the message in blue. This helps them know they are being asked to action tasks through email, like this:
Benefits of using @Mentions
- Helps focus on what needs your attention.
- Before an email is opened you can see at a glance which email requires your action.
- Outlook has added a filter to enable you sort by only messages you’ve been mentioned in.
- Your highlighted name in blue allows you quickly see where exactly your attention is needed in the body of the email.
- If the person isn’t part of the email conversation already, they will automatically be added so they receive a copy of your email.
- The preview text is updated. You’ll no longer see a preview of the first few words of the email. Instead, Outlook shows a preview of the text immediately following your mention.
Why not sign up to our newsletter?
Sign up to our monthly newsletter, full of tips, tricks and news to help you to be happier and more productive at work.
Trusted Customer204 days ago
there were some useful hints and tips.
Sal trains most MS Office packages. Her real love is in transferring knowledge by making her training sessions fun and more impactful. She is Happy’s Outlook Champion and ensures Outlook courses and training material are updated regularly with new features. Sal has been at Happy for over three years.
Testimonials from happy Customers
Navdeep Chatha2 days ago
Brilliant session - quite tricky to keep a group of 50 people engaged via Zoom for a whole day, but the team managed to do this whilst ensuring each attendee contributed ...
Eleanor Lochrie2 days ago
Good, efficient, well run and organised,
Gabriel Konayuma3 days ago
The programme was well organised wit a lot of interaction and engagement. The organisers were very helpful and available to attend to challeges we had during the event.
Trusted Customer5 days ago
I would recommend to anyone who facilitates groups often within their work
Joanna Buckland6 days ago
Always engaging and high energy.
Christine Eley6 days ago
Great tutor, made it fun and very interesting
Karen Cowans6 days ago
The session was informative and delivered in a calm, professional manner, even though at times there were technical issues with trainees internet. The trainer remained ca...
sue garland6 days ago
Excellent presentations, interactive and informative day with lots of opportunity to try new tools, well worth doing
Karen Cowans6 days ago
Good clear communication, very informative, and any questions well answered. Trainees were made to feel welcome, and part of the training.
Caroline Fry6 days ago
Easy to book and simple instructions sent in advance to access and prep for the day
Laura Haddrell6 days ago
Trusted Customer6 days ago
Wasn't time-consuming. Henry was very supportive of the fact we could not always make sessions so provided easy to understand resources.