@Mentions: Make Collaborating via Email Fast and Easy
Focus on what matters by using the new @Mentions feature in Microsoft Outlook 2016.
Hi, we are Happy
We are leading a movement to create happy, empowered and productive workplaces.
How can we help you and your people to find joy in at least 80% of your work?
How do you get someone’s attention? Today, we are being drowned with a lot more email messages competing for our attention in our inbox. Focus on what matters most using this cool tool – @Mentions. It quickly alerts you and other team members to action tasks through email.
How do you use @Mentions?
- Create a new email
- Type the @ symbol anywhere in the body of your email (email list appears- Wow!)
- Type the person’s name
- Select the who you want to address from the email list that pops up
- Click send
The @symbol appears on the message list for emails in which you’ve been mentioned, like this:
The person’s name you address becomes highlighted in the message in blue. This helps them know they are being asked to action tasks through email, like this:
Benefits of using @Mentions
- Helps focus on what needs your attention.
- Before an email is opened you can see at a glance which email requires your action.
- Outlook has added a filter to enable you sort by only messages you’ve been mentioned in.
- Your highlighted name in blue allows you quickly see where exactly your attention is needed in the body of the email.
- If the person isn’t part of the email conversation already, they will automatically be added so they receive a copy of your email.
- The preview text is updated. You’ll no longer see a preview of the first few words of the email. Instead, Outlook shows a preview of the text immediately following your mention.
Why not sign up to our newsletter?
Sign up to our monthly newsletter, full of tips, tricks and news to help you to be happier and more productive at work.
Trusted Customer82 days ago
there were some useful hints and tips.
Sal trains most MS Office packages. Her real love is in transferring knowledge by making her training sessions fun and more impactful. She is Happy’s Outlook Champion and ensures Outlook courses and training material are updated regularly with new features. Sal has been at Happy for over three years.
Testimonials from happy Customers
Anita Craig2 days ago
Excellent Service. Exciting opportunities, easy access and engaging sessions.
Catherine O'Connell2 days ago
Technology worked well and the training was well organised.
Trusted Customer2 days ago
Trusted Customer3 days ago
Excellent opportunity to pick up some top tips and hear challenges and solutions from colleagues
Trusted Customer3 days ago
All good :)
Mark Barsby3 days ago
The course content was just right and amended to suit cohort requirements. The instructor was extremely experienced and delivered the subject excellently.
Monica Inkpen4 days ago
People centre approached to training. A style that helps training go beyond the classroom.
Julie Hill4 days ago
The two half-days were really informative and Mike managed to get good participation levels from everyone in the group despite the Zoom medium. There was a lot to take in...
Trusted Customer4 days ago
The trainer spoke very clearly and was patient. She kept the group moving together and explained if unable to follow. I liked the idea of keeping conversations neatly u...
Beth Farminer4 days ago
Every course with Happy is a really great experience with a lot of takeaways, good conversations, the ability to learn from other audience members and real life applicati...
Rupert Bolger4 days ago
A very well run course
Ashan Abeywardena4 days ago
this is my second training at happy. i enjoyed the previous one very much, but this one seemed a bit too vague and less useful