@Mentions: Make Collaborating via Email Fast and Easy
Focus on what matters by using the new @Mentions feature in Microsoft Outlook 2016.
Hi, we are Happy
We are leading a movement to create happy, empowered and productive workplaces.
How can we help you and your people to find joy in at least 80% of your work?
How do you get someone’s attention? Today, we are being drowned with a lot more email messages competing for our attention in our inbox. Focus on what matters most using this cool tool – @Mentions. It quickly alerts you and other team members to action tasks through email.
How do you use @Mentions?
- Create a new email
- Type the @ symbol anywhere in the body of your email (email list appears- Wow!)
- Type the person’s name
- Select the who you want to address from the email list that pops up
- Click send
The @symbol appears on the message list for emails in which you’ve been mentioned, like this:
The person’s name you address becomes highlighted in the message in blue. This helps them know they are being asked to action tasks through email, like this:
Benefits of using @Mentions
- Helps focus on what needs your attention.
- Before an email is opened you can see at a glance which email requires your action.
- Outlook has added a filter to enable you sort by only messages you’ve been mentioned in.
- Your highlighted name in blue allows you quickly see where exactly your attention is needed in the body of the email.
- If the person isn’t part of the email conversation already, they will automatically be added so they receive a copy of your email.
- The preview text is updated. You’ll no longer see a preview of the first few words of the email. Instead, Outlook shows a preview of the text immediately following your mention.
Why not sign up to our newsletter?
Sign up to our monthly newsletter, full of tips, tricks and news to help you to be happier and more productive at work.
Susanna Farley47 days ago
I felt that the tutor was good and knowledgeable. However, the course was somewhat hampered in that it was online and not face-to-face.
Sal trains most MS Office packages. Her real love is in transferring knowledge by making her training sessions fun and more impactful. She is Happy’s Outlook Champion and ensures Outlook courses and training material are updated regularly with new features. Sal has been at Happy for over three years.
Testimonials from happy Customers
Trey Leonard2 days ago
Solid training. very helpful
Andy Evans4 days ago
The course was really useful â€“ thank you :)
Reeta Dass5 days ago
I enjoyed the course it was fun and interactive.
Roger Dawson5 days ago
very clear, excellent use of Zoom, enabling and empowering by making the management stuff uncomplicated and doable
Trusted Customer5 days ago
Good, good pace, good interaction,
Sally Giles12 days ago
The course was tailored to suit everyone's learning needs which was very good. The trainer delivered the course in a very interactive way which suits how I like to learn.
Sally Giles12 days ago
The trainer was excellent and knew just how to pace the course to suit everyone's learning capabilities.
Sallie Gregson12 days ago
Robert Bennett16 days ago
The course was well presented and great introduction to the capabilities of Power BI.
AM16 days ago
Happy Learning were very accommodating to consider our prior commitments and made adjustments around it to fit in with our needs. The tutor Ebiji at Excel Level 4 course ...
Kate McAleer24 days ago
Smooth experience and good quality training
Tsvetalina Petrova25 days ago
I like the way that the raining was done. Even though it was online there was a lot of interaction from the participants not only the tutor.