Kickstart Your eLearning Project
Learn how to set up and successfully manage an eLearning project that meets your learner and organisational objectives with this new one-day course.
By the end of the course, you will have a broad understanding of the current thinking and best practise in eLearning, enabling you to make informed decisions about the direction of your project. You will also know what happens at each stage the eLearning project life-cycle, enabling you to commission eLearning or develop your own with confidence.
What you will learn
In particular you will be able to:
- Evaluate your ideas in the context of eLearning’s history and past challenges – capitalising on your knowledge of what we know does and does not work.
- Think more laterally about the learner journey and where learning interventions can take place.
- Develop ‘guerrilla’ learning experiences that save budget and meet learner needs just-in-time.
- Describe the standard eLearning development cycle from start to finish and have a good idea of the project management required through each key stage.
- Find your way around a large eLearning project in an authoring tool, to be able to make simple text edits, understand the publishing and output options.
- Write a brief for external developers and effectively appraise their responses.
- Understand the level of commitment for internal staff, costs and timescales involved when commissioning work from external providers.
The Small Print
The course will run from 10am to 4:30pm (lunch is served 1pm to 1:45pm — we offer a choice of 3 cold bowl dishes). Please be careful to arrive by 9.45am for registration and refreshments. The course will start precisely on time and it may not be possible to go back over material missed by late arrivals. If you arrive over 30 minutes late you may be asked to leave and attend another day.
Please ensure you read our Terms and Conditions before booking for our payment terms and cancellation policy.
The happy Guarantee
We want everyone to go away from our courses feeling as though they have learnt useful, practical skills that they can use straight away when they go back to work.
If you don’t feel that your training has been useful or if you are unhappy in any way, please get in touch with our Customer Services team within 30 days of the course. We will be happy to offer you additional support and training free of charge to help you to gain the skills you need, or if you’d prefer, a full refund.
Due to current government guidelines we have temporarily closed our training centre in London. All of our staff are now working remotely, and all classroom training has been postponed until 29th May.
We have developed a fantastic range of interactive webinars delivered by our experienced facilitators, Live Online Learning. We understand that for many people this will be the first time that they have worked from home and so we have developed short 1.5-2 hour sessions to help you adjust to this new situation. You can see details of our IT Skills live online learning sessions here and our Personal Development sessions here – or we can adapt any of our classroom training into webinar format for you.
For the latest government guidance, please visit the gov.uk website.
We will continue to monitor the situation and will advise all clients if the situation changes.
If you have any questions or concerns, or would like to arrange some online training, our friendly team are available Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm. You can leave a message on 020 7375 7300 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Did you know...
...eLearning tends to outperform classroom instruction?
Scientific research has found the learning methods typically used in elearning to be more effective than classroom learning. However, the largest benefit comes from a blend of online learning and classroom instruction.
Take a look at Happy's other eLearning programmes.
Creating eLearning with Articulate Storyline to show how to use Articulate Storyline in order to build original best practice eLearning for your organisation. Find out more
We can also create digital learning on any subject matter or specialism. Find out more