Creating eLearning with Articulate Storyline
On this two-day course, you will learn how to use Articulate Storyline in order to build original best practice eLearning for your organisation. By the end of the course, you will be familiar with the principles of good eLearning design and will know how to plan and develop an eLearning project using Storyline.
You may also be interested in our remote learning workshops. The Facilitating Interactive Workshops and Training with GoTo and Zoom sessions will guide you through the features in GoToTraining and Zoom to allow you to facilitate interactive learning sessions.
What you will learn
By the end of this two-day Articulate Storyline training course, you will be able to:
- Add text, images, video and other media to your learning
- Customise and create Storyline templates to suit your own project
- Build comprehensive marked quiz and assessments
- Be able to control advanced interactivity features such as triggers, states and layers in order to build powerful custom activities and activity branching
- Publish eLearning SCORM modules or informal resources to different platforms such as web, cd or to your LMS, and devices
- Design effective learning activities that keep your leaner active and interested
- Research, plan, execute and deliver an eLearning project from start to finish
- The workspace views
- Adding basic media
- Understanding the timeline
- Previewing a project
Rich Media and dynamic content:
- Adding and formatting audio
- Video and web objects
- Introduction to triggers and creating basic navigation
Building interactions from scratch:
- Using buttons triggers and layers
- Creating dynamic captions, pop-ups and lightboxes
- Building basic interactions from scratch
Getting to grips with quiz templates:
- Creating and editing formal quiz questions
- Adding feedback and creating results slides
Challenge don’t tell:
- Using quiz templates and free form quiz for interactions
- Control branching and course structure
Real world working:
- Using templates, styles and Masters for maximum efficiency
- Importing projects and working with others
- Sources of professional Images Resources
The player & publishing:
- Customising the look and feel of the player
- Controlling player navigations and menus,
- Adding glossary and resources to the player
- Understanding SCORM and when to use SCORM standards
Planning an eLearning project:
- The fundamentals of setting up and delivering an eLearning project
Group Learning Events
Looking for a private group event for your team, or even your whole organisation?
We can organise a date that works for you, and we can tailor the content to your team. Our private workshops can be held online, inhouse at your workplace or here at Happy's HQ in Aldgate, Central London (following current government guidelines).
Need help? Call us on020 7375 7300
The Small Print
Each day of the course will run from 10am to 4:30pm (lunch is served 1pm to 1:45pm — we offer a choice of 3 cold bowl dishes). Please be careful to arrive by 9.45am for registration and refreshments. The course will start precisely on time and it may not be possible to go back over material missed by late arrivals. If you arrive over 30 minutes late you may be asked to leave and attend another day.
Please ensure you read our Terms and Conditions before booking for our payment terms and cancellation policy.
The happy Guarantee
We want everyone to go away from our courses feeling as though they have learnt useful, practical skills that they can use straight away when they go back to work.
If you don’t feel that your training has been useful or if you are unhappy in any way, please get in touch with our Customer Services team within 30 days of the course. We will be happy to offer you additional support and training free of charge to help you to gain the skills you need, or if you’d prefer, a full refund.
Due to COVID-19, our public programme is currently only being held online through our Face-to-Face Live Online learning sessions. However, we are now able to offer classroom training sessions for private bookings. Please get in touch for more information, pricing and availability.
For the latest government guidance, please visit the gov.uk website.
We will continue to monitor the situation and will advise all clients if the situation changes.
If you have any questions or concerns, or would like to arrange some online training, our friendly team are available Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm. You can leave a message on 020 7375 7300 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Did you know...
...eLearning tends to outperform classroom instruction?
Scientific research has found the learning methods typically used in elearning to be more effective than classroom learning. However, the largest benefit comes from a blend of online learning and classroom instruction.
Take a look at Happy's other eLearning programmes.
Kickstart Your eLearning Project to give you a broad understanding of the current thinking and best practise in eLearning so you can make informed decisions about the direction of your project. Find out more
We can also create digital learning on any subject matter or specialism. Find out more