Beginner Outlook Core Level 1
This one-day beginner level course is for anyone who has not used Microsoft Outlook before.
By the end of the course you will be able to use the basic features in Outlook: manage E-mail, the Contact list and Appointments.
What you will learn
By the end of this one-day beginner Outlook course, you will be able to:
- Send and receive E-mail with Attachments and Signatures
- Track E-mail and set-up an automatic reply when Out of the Office
- Create, categorise, find and filter Contacts in the Contacts folder
- Understand the Global and Contacts address book so that individuals and groups can be E-mailed more quickly
- Keep track of your Appointments, set up Reminders and create a simple Task list
- Manage your E-mails by creating new Folders
- Create Notes in Outlook to replace post-it notes
- Overview of Outlook
- Changing your views, including Conversation View and Reading Pane
- Sending and receiving email attachments
- Deleting Messages
- Sorting and finding emails
- Creating and using folders
- Quick Flags
- Automatic Replies (Out of Office)
- Working with Contacts
- Searching Contacts
- Forwarding a Contact via email
- The Address Book
- Contact Groups
- Outlook’s Calendar
- Calendar Views
- Creating Appointments
- Appointment Reminders
- Recurring Appointments
What is it like to learn with Happy?
Our facilitators make learning interactive and fun. In this video, Maureen delivers a session on Formulas and Functions in Excel at Happy's HQ in London.
Trusted Customer136 days ago
Instructor was really good and training resources were helpful.
The Small Print
The course will run from 10am to 4:45pm (hot buffet lunch 1pm to 1:45pm). Please be careful to arrive by 9:45am for registration and refreshments. The course will start precisely on time and it may not be possible to go back over material missed by late arrivals. If you arrive over 30 minutes late you may be asked to leave and attend another day.
Please ensure you read our Terms and Conditions before booking for our payment terms and cancellation policy.
The happy Guarantee
We want everyone to go away from our courses feeling as though they have learnt useful, practical skills that they can use straight away when they go back to work.
If you don’t feel that your training has been useful or if you are unhappy in any way, please get in touch with our Customer Services team within 30 days of the course. We will be happy to offer you additional support and training free of charge to help you to gain the skills you need, or if you’d prefer, a full refund.
Your post-course support package
- 2 years of free access to our IT Helpline
- Unlimited access - call or email our team as often as you need
- Ask about any content covered on your course
- Included in the price of our training sessions